Lure suggestions?

Troutski
Troutski
KaeMe01 said:
Over by the damn on the rocks... Like I said and JTLunker were saying drop shotting for bass will work great. I was just talking with another guy over at Sportsmans and he was talking about drop shotting with some 4" soft worms. Was working for him also. I'm glad to see Trollin backs me up on the fact that water temp doesn't play as big of a roll on the trout.

When drop shotting does it matter the depth, I mean is it o.k. to drop shot in 50 feet of water ? Or is it something one would use in 20 feet or less ?

Chuck

K
KaeMe01
I'd be cerious on JT's response but from my experiences it depends a lot on water temp. Let's say the water is under 55 then I would say drop shot anywhere... like 50 feet, But when the water gets warmer I wouldn't go any deeper than 20-25 feet.

J
JTLunker
I have had some success at deeper levels in the summer. But I catch most of my Bass at 12 to 20 with a drop shot. I have seen on some Bass shows that deep drop shotting works in lakes. I have only been at it for one season of Bass so I am far from being experianced, but I like the methood for any depth. It is a slow retrive and still keeps you busy. They hit it pretty hard somtimes. I bought some 6" thin minnows to try this year and some Crawdad YUM style. I also have added Gamakatsu drop shotting hooks.