Low life...

C
Coastaldweller
On my way home from Astoria tonight, I pulled over at the boat ramp at Tahkenitch lake to change my sons diaper. It was around 8:10 when a very nice Dodge(green w/tan trim) pulling a white and stainless Coastal boat pulled in to the loading area already dripping with water... He proceeded to back his boat into the lake and flush out his motor and the rest of his boat. I proceeded to walk over and read the LARGE sign next to him stating that it is illegal to do what he did. I asked him how the fishing was, he said "great", then wouldn't answer anymore of my questions. He had 7-10 large ocean rigged poles sitting in his boat along with obvious fish carnage(scales, blood etc.). Im guessing he came from the ocean/Umpqua. This is a major reason invasive species get from one place to another. Think about what you are doing, preserve our fisheries for later generations! I took this mans plate number, not sure if I should turn it over to authorities... Maybe he is an OFF'er and will read this and think twice about his actions.

W
waco
You should turn him in, I have done it before and let me tell you, it feels GOOD!

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
deserves what he gets..... doesn't matter and if he is an OFFer it should not go unpunished at all :mad:

E
eggs
Help Oregon's waters and turn him in.. if nothing else he will get a stern talking to.

F
flocaster
As a resident of Florence for 22 years I say turn him in! It's one of the things that's gotten to bug me the most over the years...the majority of the guys doing stupid stuff like that & ignoring fish & game regs so flagrantly are locals. It's a shame because they give the rest of us such a bad image to non fisherman ( its their unfortunate loss & our gain :^) LOL) & people visiting the area. I know its not a localized issue either. Sorry to get on my soapbox, but this is a general mentality that gets under my skin. I'll finish up with saying turn him in for the sake of preserving our fisheries for our future generations. Even one call is a step in the right direction

Chromatose
Chromatose
FWIW.........................Turn him in!!!!! Get it out of your head and like waco said.......It feels good!

troutdude
troutdude
His sorry ass DESERVES to be turned in! If you don't have the number, I'll be VERY happy to share it.

B
bigsteel
mmmmmmmerrrrrrrrica

C
CoastieFlo
I live in Florence too and work in a tackle shop in Reedsport and most people, including other sportsman, would agree to turn that guy in. We pay a part of license costs for preventing invasive species. At the very least he needs to be more aware of the regs, although it sounds like he was just ignoring them.

The state marine board would be glad to hear what you have to say and get his # :) 503-378-8587 or marine.board@state.or.us

J
JeannaJigs
Sadly that ramp gets used all the time to flush boats. Literally everytime I've been there In the fall (which is quite a bit) 've seen this happen. It's irritating. Dont be a lazy pos, use a do it yourself car wash to hose down your boat and flush the motor. It's not rocket science. There's a place in Florence at Bridgeport to do this. Or there used to be?