Lot's of hungry fish!

S
Shallowbay
I've fished all over this lake. I have had no luck by the boat ramps or pier areas, but it seems that the fish bite like mad in all the small inlet areas. I've fished two places, the Scoggins Creek picnic area and the Elk Picnic area and have gotten bite after bite both times I've been there. It seems that they will strike at just about any bait when it first hits the water, however worms were they only thing that held their interest. A worm and a bobber will do the trick. I also got a few with rainbow powerbait although not as consistently. I've attached a few photos of the little guys I caught. Overall not bad for 5 bucks. :clap:

-Shallowbay

Sidenote: I have noticed that both places I frequent have rather large salamanders swimming around everywhere. Anybody used these or fake ones for bait with any luck?

B
beaverfan
I'd stay away from those Salamanders because there rough skinned newts, and they are poisonous. Fish do not eat them, thats why there are so many of them.

C
chris61182
Thanks for the report, and those are some nice perch compared to what I'm used to catching out of there.

Also, do you happen to have any pictures showing the water level? I haven't been out at Hagg since this spring and was curious how much shore line has become accessible.

S
Shallowbay
re: Lot's of hungry fish

re: Lot's of hungry fish

Good to know about the salamanders!!! I was unaware that they were poisonous. Don't have any pics of the water level although it looked pretty low in the spots I was in. A lot of the area around where I was sitting was above ground weed beds that you could tell are normally underwater.

Thanks for the replies!

-Shallowbay

C
charlie
water is very low and whole shoreline is exposed around the lake