Lots of boats, and a steelie for me

C
ChezJfrey
Saw a bunch of boats drifting down and motoring up on the Clack today...but doesn't matter because they all missed this one:
2013-02-24_12-59-41_532.jpg
Tried a silver spinner, a brass one, a silver spoon, then my soon-to-be-patented half-black spoon and that is what ultimately enticed :)

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Yeah! :clap: Nice one for you to take home and enjoy. Glad you didn't run with the crowd. ;)

B
Bgunder
Nice fish

R
rippin fish lips
Tried a silver spinner, a brass one, a silver spoon, then my soon-to-be-patented half-black spoon and that is what ultimately enticed :)[/QUOTE]

Nice fish bud. I am having a hard time finding them the least couple trips. Still 2-5 for the winter season. Looks like i should probably put down a spinner for a few and go back to the Spoon phase for a little bit. 2/5thoz Little cleo??

C
ChezJfrey
rippin fish lips said:
Nice fish bud. I am having a hard time finding them the least couple trips. Still 2-5 for the winter season. Looks like i should probably put down a spinner for a few and go back to the Spoon phase for a little bit. 2/5thoz Little cleo??

2/3 oz. R & B...was a bit deeper, heavier flow and needed a touch more weight to get down.

But I hear ya...I've been struggling too. Only touch a fish every couple of weeks.

Oh, and I'm 6 for 7 this winter so we're still pretty close. But you gotta work on that landing average...poke, poke, jab, jab ;)

J
jabs67
Nice!!!!! :cool:

bass
bass
Nice fish. You know you are doing it right when you catch them in that kind of pressure.

C
ChezJfrey
bass said:
Nice fish. You know you are doing it right when you catch them in that kind of pressure.

Yeah it made me feel good after watching a couple boats drift their gear in the exact same seam where I followed up and pulled that fish. :)

I waited with anticipation, watching their drifts, and when nothing came of it, I waited a few minutes, threw the spoon and bam! Fish on! Suckers...LOL

M
MattZ
gotta love that stuff. Sunday morning after walking down to one of the runs i fish from Oxbow, and wading in to make my first cast... a boat pulls around and into the run. I was at the top, just beginning to fish. the boat pulled right through the run (not down and around like a smart cookie) then actualy got out and started fishing, one guy trying real hard to spey cast and another tossing gear.

Now first, if you owned a boat, would you pull over at the spot where all the bank anglers go? or would you push off and look for some virgin water before the next 8 boats pass you? and thats just the selfish perspective. the other way of looking at is this. why would you ruin a bank fishermans fun when you have a boat? he has access to a handful of runs, you in the boat have the river in its entirety. Just don;t be a dick. if people used that for life, we'd all be catching more fish.

So the boats in my run right? and they are slogging the water like mad. well, about 20 casts in, and closer to them than to me, I hooked a nice chromer. He tailwalked right in front of those jokers, and I let out a solid woohoo to make a show of it.

My second fish ever could not have been more awesome. He tasted amazing on the grill last night.

N
need to fish
see who says boats get all the fish way to go