P
purplescalepink
New member
Hey everyone, I’ve been salmon and steelhead fishing off and on the past couple years and have really gotten hooked on it. I’ve been hitting the Wilson lately for fall chinook but haven’t had much luck yet. Been running jigs, spinners, eggs, and shrimp setups. Water’s looked good, just not seeing much action.
I usually do well on the Trask for winter steelhead and did solid on the Naselle and Cowlitz for coho earlier this fall, but both are a bit of a drive from Portland. The Trask is getting tougher with all the private property, and since I don’t have a boat I mainly bank fish and try to cover good travel lanes and holding water.
I’ve fished the Sandy and Clackamas a few times too, but they always seem packed and come with a lot of mixed talk about snagging and territorial behavior, which can make it hard to find a good rhythm when you’re just trying to fish properly and focus on the bite.
Right now feels like that weird in-between stretch where winter steelhead hasn’t really started, coho are still popping up here and there, and fall chinook seems to be slowing down.
If anyone around the Portland or Tillamook area ever wants company or could use an extra hand rowing a drift boat, I’d be more than happy to tag along, help out, and share what I’ve learned so far. Just trying to spend more time on the water and keep dialling things in.
Appreciate any advice or anyone open to teaming up sometime.
I usually do well on the Trask for winter steelhead and did solid on the Naselle and Cowlitz for coho earlier this fall, but both are a bit of a drive from Portland. The Trask is getting tougher with all the private property, and since I don’t have a boat I mainly bank fish and try to cover good travel lanes and holding water.
I’ve fished the Sandy and Clackamas a few times too, but they always seem packed and come with a lot of mixed talk about snagging and territorial behavior, which can make it hard to find a good rhythm when you’re just trying to fish properly and focus on the bite.
Right now feels like that weird in-between stretch where winter steelhead hasn’t really started, coho are still popping up here and there, and fall chinook seems to be slowing down.
If anyone around the Portland or Tillamook area ever wants company or could use an extra hand rowing a drift boat, I’d be more than happy to tag along, help out, and share what I’ve learned so far. Just trying to spend more time on the water and keep dialling things in.
Appreciate any advice or anyone open to teaming up sometime.