Looking for reliable directions through Estacada

C
ColoradoTroutMan
As the title suggests I am looking for reliable directions to Olallie going through Estacada.

I have never been there and am renting a cabin during the week of the 4th and I see conflicting directions from their website compared to the map I looked at.

Lastly I drive a Taurus so if the road is too rough for that vehicle please let me know and I will make arrangements to go somewhere else.

Thanks in advance.

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
E
eggs
Take 224... drive alll the way up river until you take a left on 4690 (usually "Olallie" and an arrow is painted in the middle of the road) take 4690 until it pretty much dead ends and you take a right on 4220/Skyline Dr.

There are signs at the 4690/4220 interchange telling you to turn right.

Road the last few years has been graded in July and a nice gravel road.. but before then it can be a bit rough.. just go slow and you should have no problem.

C
ColoradoTroutMan
Much appreciated.

W
wozniasm
eggs said:
Take 224... drive alll the way up river until you take a left on 4690 (usually "Olallie" and an arrow is painted in the middle of the road) take 4690 until it pretty much dead ends and you take a right on 4220/Skyline Dr.

There are signs at the 4690/4220 interchange telling you to turn right.

Road the last few years has been graded in July and a nice gravel road.. but before then it can be a bit rough.. just go slow and you should have no problem.

Correct info! I suggest bringing a can of tire inflator. I picked up a nail on the way up and would have been stuck changing tires if I didn't have it.

Report: A co-worker was just there Friday (pre-campground opening). There was one spot on the road with snow but it should be gone with this weather.
He said it was cool enough so no mosquito issues 'yet'. He was the only toon or boat on the water and only a couple of bankers.
Said he caught around 40 in 5 hours.

C
ColoradoTroutMan
Thanks again for all of the info.