Long lining?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B
beaverfan
How is it not snagging. The point of fishing is to get the fish to BITE your bait or lure. Not for them to be swimming along and happen to run into your line. If I ever see you up there I will be reporting you. You may think it's legal because someone let you slide in the past but it is illegal and also unethical. So get a life and stop SNAGGING my damn fish!

Reactions: Thuggin4Life
F
FishSlayer420
Sounds good to me see ya up there. Better yet how about i will just call Marshall for ya. he has checked me numorous times while i was doing it and he would have written me a ticket by now if it was illegal. how you fishin up there smaller leader? Cause if you are you are catching em the same way i am just a shorter leader. you think they are biting you corkie and yarn? Right Right

Reactions: beaverfan
F
FishSlayer420
By the way Beavers SUCK

Reactions: Thuggin4Life
I
I Grade
People.....be a part of the solution. Don't contribute to the problem. Snaggers are only snagging because they never learned how to fish correctly in the first place. Its lame and I will continue to report it, just like I said in a previous post. Develop real fishing skills and the biggest reward will be within yourself. I feel a greater sense of accomplishment when I take fish playing by conventional rules. Salmon and steelhead are smart fish and I respect that. So I pay my respect by learning to take them on conventional 'fair play' gear. Remember that the rules are in place because we are trying to properly manage the natural resources for a long term. When you cheat, everyone loses.

I Grade

Reactions: beaverfan and Thuggin4Life
M
metalmania
Wow I grade you hit the nail on the head:clap:. Maybe OSP doesn't say it's illegal but it's definatly unethical. I would get zero satisfaction from killing a fish i know didn't intentionally grab my gear, or hooking one for that matter. Maybe there not using 3 5/0 hooks and gaffing the fish like they do in my area, but it's still snagging. PERIOD:mad:

M
Mike123
FishSlayer420 said:
Sounds good to me see ya up there. Better yet how about i will just call Marshall for ya. he has checked me numorous times while i was doing it and he would have written me a ticket by now if it was illegal. how you fishin up there smaller leader? Cause if you are you are catching em the same way i am just a shorter leader. you think they are biting you corkie and yarn? Right Right

Why are you even on a fishing website?
Start your own website and only allow snaggers..
I've never seen anyone be proud of snagging and be proud to announce it!?
In the regs it states that a fish must actually bite your offering. So flossing is considered snagging. If I seen you doing this I'd be on the phone right away.
Your moniker name says it all though... I take it you have some maturing to do.

M
mgdguy
Mike123 said:
Why are you even on a fishing website?
Start your own website and only allow snaggers..
I've never seen anyone be proud of snagging and be proud to announce it!?
In the regs it states that a fish must actually bite your offering. So flossing is considered snagging. If I seen you doing this I'd be on the phone right away.
Your moniker name says it all though... I take it you have some maturing to do.

Yea Mike, agreed, and I'm going to borrow a line from the fark.com forums to help you out with describing this guy's posts:

OBVIOUS TROLL IS...OBVIOUS! :lol:

T
Thuggin4Life
I've talked to a lot of people who swear buy this method up below dexter dam. They say buy this time they aren't biting anyways there just swimming around with there mouths open. and when you floss its only legal to keep them when hooked in the mouth. I don't fish this way and i don't like the crowds up there but a lot of guys are catching fish up there by flossing. You guys might not agree with this method but if you truely love to eat fish you may have kepted an illegal fish or thought about it. And maybe even thought about doing some snagging yourself if it wasn't so illegal.

Reactions: beaverfan
T
Thuggin4Life
chris61182 said:
I'd like to add that long lining can also refer to a technique used for lake trolling, where you let out 100+yds of line behind the boat usually with out weights while trolling.

I always thought that was called flat lining.

K
Kodiak
Even my kid

Even my kid

I have a five year old son who last year at eagle creek got to witness "longlining" first hand and asked the obvious question..."Daddy how come the guys with long strings hook more fish in the back than I do in the mouth?" after a brief explination that fish are supposed to be tricked into biting your lure, the most beautiful thing came out of his mouth "Well I guess they are not doing it right." If a five year old can understand this why can't grown adults?

Reactions: beaverfan and Thuggin4Life
M
metalmania
I wouldn't snag PERIOD even if it was legal. And I TRULY LIKE TO EAT FISH, But that's no way for myself or anyone to put food on the table.

M
mgdguy
Thuggin4Life said:
but if you truely love to eat fish you may have kepted an illegal fish or thought about it. And maybe even thought about doing some snagging yourself if it wasn't so illegal.

Oh well if you really love fish then it's ok :rolleyes:

Really? I really love beer, but I don't steal it from the store. I earn money to purchase it. EARN your fish - don't steal it from the river :naughty:

T
Thuggin4Life
Kodiak said:
I have a five year old son who last year at eagle creek got to witness "longlining" first hand and asked the obvious question..."Daddy how come the guys with long strings hook more fish in the back than I do in the mouth?" after a brief explination that fish are supposed to be tricked into biting your lure, the most beautiful thing came out of his mouth "Well I guess they are not doing it right." If a five year old can understand this why can't grown adults?
That's pretty amazing for a 5 year old say and to catch on to already. i think that the longliners just never learned to fish the other ways or simply like doing it because its so easy to get fish. If i can't learn to catch fish i might even resort to trying it but only as a last resort. it doesn't sound like real fishing and fishing is fun whether you catch them or not its just better when you do.

K
Kodiak
I really love beer too

I really love beer too

mgdguy said:

Really? I really love beer, but I don't steal it from the store. I earn money to purchase it. EARN your fish - don't steal it from the river :naughty:

I really love beer....and as ateenager stole it and can talk about it now that the statute of limitations is OFF:shock:. But I never, ever snag a fish, not even as a teenager...thats just rude.

T
Thuggin4Life
mgdguy said:

I was just saying maybe some of you guys who have been so opinionated on this topic may have had the thought cross your minds i never said i was a supporter or practicer of them. i sense a lot of hostility in this thread i thought this site was about sharing ideas and coming together with ideas and advice on the common ground we all share with fishing not negativity and hostility

B
beaverfan
Except we obviously feel that it is important to catch our fish legally and etihically.

T
Thuggin4Life
beaverfan said:
Except we obviously feel that it is important to catch our fish legally and etihically.

Couldn't agree more with that.

F
FishFinger
In our collective defense about being sensitive to flossing; perhaps it's that our fishery up north here become a flossing snag fest come Sept through Oct. during the coho return.

When you see hundreds of foul hooked fish connected to 6'+ leaders, it's pretty easy to make the connection.

I've stood down stream of flossers using only lead jigheads; and make hook sets at every bump. A hook set in the outside of the jaw does not qualify as "In the mouth". and a majority of the hook ups are not in but rather outside the mouth because the line is being pulled through the fishes mouth.

Are you picking up what I'm putting down?

No one is perfect, hell I've hooked salmon on the outside of the jaw plate w/ 30" leader several times . Being foul hooked, I was compelled to release them.

Something about Sportsmanship...........

J
JeannaJigs
Holy cow this is one hostile post! but rightfully so. I've witnessed this mess at Dexter myself, and have reported it. These guys on here bragging about this ILLEGAL method are the reason I do not fish up there anymore, it's a ginormous unethical circus of drunk morons up there 90% of the time, and it's really quite sad. I've had guys long lining cut my rig when they reeled in there 20,000 feet of line and snagged mine in the process FOR NO REASON. I sincerely hope there is no chinook season up there this spring/summer, as much as that sucks for those that are legitimately fishing.

I
I Grade
Thuggin4Life said:
I was just saying maybe some of you guys who have been so opinionated on this topic may have had the thought cross your minds i never said i was a supporter or practicer of them. i sense a lot of hostility in this thread i thought this site was about sharing ideas and coming together with ideas and advice on the common ground we all share with fishing not negativity and hostility

I think you are too sympathetic to the ignorant and indifferent. I am here to share information on how to catch fish correctly. I am not here to sympathize with people that are stealing from the system. If you are going to misuse gear and accidentally floss a fish and call it sport-fishing, then you are defiling an honorable hobby. I would not class myself with THAT kind of fisherman. I will be running my 30" leaders with a normal sized hook and pencil lead, and be stoked when I catch my 1 fish for every 3 they hook "accidentally". Don't be surprised at people getting P#$$#D off when cretins openly engage in Flossing 101 on a public forum. As much as I love eating and smoking fish, I will only take it in a LEGAL and more importantly ETHICAL manner. My brother in law went fishing with me on a popular Washington state C&R river and he foul hooked one and I about flipped out because it was a gorgeous fish....it was an legitimate accident (he is a total novice)and he was my FAMILY, but I totally read him the riot about why you have to fish gear the right way. Just fish fairly and you will be rewarded in time.

I Grade

Status
Not open for further replies.