Let's clean up the Expo!

D
David Shurr
Hey, I was out to the Expo today and found a lot of trash in and around the pounds. I suspect most of the garbage comes from the users of the ponds (Fisherman). When you fish, please take your trash out and take a little extra out with you to help clean up the Ponds.

O
ohiojarhead
Agreed. Pat

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I'm fairly sure you're preaching to the choir here. We have held get together's for that very purpose and had great turnouts. In fact, most of the members take garbage bags along for that very purpose. Glad to hear you agree with the majority.

O
ohiojarhead
Raincatcher said:
I'm fairly sure you're preaching to the choir here. We have held get together's for that very purpose and had great turnouts. In fact, most of the members take garbage bags along for that very purpose. Glad to hear you agree with the majority.

I don't always swim upstream! Pat

D
desertrat
i agree 100 percent guys i'm new to southern Oregon and went to the ponds for the first time in December and thought the same thing exactly but just went about cleaning up things as i fished there.It's not a pristine wilderness but a very nice urban setting and animal refuge and i would love to participate in a mass clean up.

A
agapeliving
We will do our part! I think I will make it a game with my kids and a Frosty or Slurpee to the winner with most garbage picked up after fishing trip:)

D
devhow
agapeliving said:
We will do our part! I think I will make it a game with my kids and a Frosty or Slurpee to the winner with most garbage picked up after fishing trip:)

Good for you! Great way to teach the kids to respect the outdoors!

D
desertrat
Went to expo yesterday and did a few hours of clean up mostly the little pond. Thanks to all the careless fisherman i found many prizes as if the ponds were rewarding me :lol: hooks a couple jigs and weights all still in sealed packages. Its amazing how much the fishing pressure there has changed since december. It makes sense that a recently stocked pond gets more people but the amount of trash is just sad. I hope people continue to clean up or better than that develop better habits and throw trash away. I know i am preaching to the choir here but gotta vent. Might head there today and do a little clean up and fishin. Anyone lookin for a partner to float and fish (i dont have watercraft:confused:)?

F
fredaevans
Truth be told I could drive there in less than 15 minutes, but never been there (to Expo yes, to the ponds - no) so I don't want this to sound like a 'dumb question.' But are there garbage cans there for folks to use would be question #1. #2 might be is who controls the area? Expo, the game dept, Medford, Jackson County, etc. IF a few garbage cans were put out/around (kept clean) folks have a tendency to use them. Will there always be Pigs? Yup, but most won't if given a chance.

Just my .02 cents here?

E
eat, sleep, fish
fredaevans said:
Truth be told I could drive there in less than 15 minutes, but never been there (to Expo yes, to the ponds - no) so I don't want this to sound like a 'dumb question.' But are there garbage cans there for folks to use would be question #1. #2 might be is who controls the area? Expo, the game dept, Medford, Jackson County, etc. IF a few garbage cans were put out/around (kept clean) folks have a tendency to use them. Will there always be Pigs? Yup, but most won't if given a chance.

Just my .02 cents here?

I think there are 4 or 5 spread around between the 2 main ponds. It doesn't stop the trash from piling up 10 feet away on the bank though.

F
fredaevans
Sad to say .... that's what I expected for an answer.

D
desertrat
Not to mention that recently someone threw a thrash barrel into the ponds so thats one less barrel to throw stuff away in. Good question on who maintains it because the trash is piling up over the last few weeks and i havnt seen it dumped once except the barrel next to the gate 5 parking lot.