Lebanon area bass holes :)

N
nixerx
Ive hit Cheadle...talk about a pressured area. Drove to Foster and Green Peter...nada...I think I need a boat to get some love there. So my question is...where the bass at? Is it still pretty early for over here?
Hell most of my friends back east still have ice on the water so I aint bitchin.

Last edited by a moderator:
C
Combat Chuck
Cheadle?... pressured????? I caught a dozen friday afternoon and saw one fisherman. :D Guess I smell funny.

T
Tsohg76
Freeway lakes, simpson ponds, various willamette sloughs, couple ponds with public access and tons of ponds and small lakes that are private. green peter wont heat up for awhile.drive down I-5 and goto bond butte that has Bass and channel cats. or make a trip to fern ridge (never fished it) but ive been told it has a good early spring bite.

N
nixerx
Combat Chuck said:
Cheadle?... pressured????? I caught a dozen friday afternoon and saw one fisherman. :D Guess I smell funny.

I was catching little guys..its more likely that I stink :) thanks for the reply.

N
nixerx
Tsohg76 said:
Freeway lakes, simpson ponds, various willamette sloughs, couple ponds with public access and tons of ponds and small lakes that are private. green peter wont heat up for awhile.drive down I-5 and goto bond butte that has Bass and channel cats. or make a trip to fern ridge (never fished it) but ive been told it has a good early spring bite.

THANK YOU! im gonna hit them all!

T
Tsohg76
Freeway I hit 3 times last week for very few fish. tons of trout bait tossers out there at the moment.

C
Combat Chuck
There was more little guys than normal for me. I'm just happy to be catching. The numbers have been pretty bad for me the last few years.

T
Tsohg76
I have never caught a bass out of cheadle. been meaning to fish it more, but I live up inBend and only get down to Lebanon every once in awhile. If your gonna fish that country a small jonboat or something similar would help a lot.

T
Tacomasteelheader
Fern ridge is a tough lake to fish its just a giant bowl of clay with little structure and is hard to pattern id hit somewhere else way before there . Just my 2č

troutdude
troutdude
If you hit Freeway Lakes; it's the third lake (farthest west) that holds the bulk of the ditch pickles.

I agree with TS about Fern Ridge...although the south shore under (and south of) Hwy. 126 has structure. There are also good spots all along the Long Tom, south of Fern Ridge to the mouth at the Willy.

T
tomriker
it's not too early, perfect time to go! get a boat, fishin from the shore gets old quick

T
Tsohg76
tomriker said:
it's not too early, perfect time to go! get a boat, fishin from the shore gets old quick
I couldn't agree more. Get a boat, and get out there. Best time to be fishing the lakes/ponds/rivers of the willamette valley. (you do not NEED a boat, but it sure does help.)

N
nixerx
Thanks fellers. I'm so hitting Freeway Lakes. I have plans to get boat. Even a small canoe and trolling motor. The lakes here are very big so my kayak would be a brutal undertaking!

R
rippin fish lips
troutdude said:
If you hit Freeway Lakes; it's the third lake (farthest west) that holds the bulk of the ditch pickles.

I agree with TS about Fern Ridge...although the south shore under (and south of) Hwy. 126 has structure. There are also good spots all along the Long Tom, south of Fern Ridge to the mouth at the Willy.

Yup if you fish the Fern Ridge mud puddle, make sure you are fishing the Hwy 126 Side. On a windy day bait fish get pulled to this wall so they can feed on their food, which then brings the bass to the wall. But i am really no help when it comes to bass fishing.

N
nixerx
rippin fish lips said:
Yup if you fish the Fern Ridge mud puddle, make sure you are fishing the Hwy 126 Side. On a windy day bait fish get pulled to this wall so they can feed on their food, which then brings the bass to the wall. But i am really no help when it comes to bass fishing.
Hey thanks! I'll take whatever tips you want to give on whatever fish!