Leaburg Dam closure

hobster
hobster
Just read an article in the paper this morning that Leaburg is getting some work done this summer and they will be closing the one lane road on the dam throughout the summer. Heads up to you steelhead fisherman, might want to check the EWEB website before heading out. Closures start in may, tried a link to EWEB but their site seems to be down right now.

hobster
hobster
After rereading it says closed during business hours so it might not be so bad. Oh yeah, expect your EWEB bill to go up once again :sad:

O
OnTheDrop
This is probably a good thing.. I've seen some very risky **** up there with fisherman. Sucks for those who fish right ( Probably like yourself )

It's snag city!

I'm sure you'll find some good fishing regardless, Hobster!

J
JeannaJigs
It's an awful place to fish, all kinds of shady shirt and dirtbags. the downside is that's going to screw with boat access. It sounds like it will only be shutdown certain hours though so probably won't be a big issue.

hobster
hobster
There are quite a few snaggers and shady characters up there, but I've also met some cool old school dudes. I try to keep away from the meathole and as many peeps as possible and still manage fish. I don't get up there a lot in the summer cause I'm so busy, and I've never fished Dexter - heard its twice as bad. Deerhorn is much more peaceful :)

S
steelhead_stalkers
I'v been known to sneak around up there! :lol:

R
rippin fish lips
If you catch a brand new berkley IM8 up paired up to a brand new shimano 4000... i would appriciate it if you would be so kind to return it to its owner (ME) Tanner. Fish up there quite a bite.. lost my rod in the drink today up there. IM me if you find it please. Brand new... got it today. Someoone will end up catching it...

hobster
hobster
Damn, that sucks Tanner. I've seen you up there but we have never fished together although I feel like I kinda know you through this forum. Hope to change that, I hope you get your rod back and maybe i'll see you near Armitage soon?