Large Willamette pikeminnow

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Drew9870 said:
Next time I catch something I wouldn't eat, I'll think, I should've saved it for GraphiteZen, he'll smoke anything. Lol.

It's very odd. It's almost as if I've taken a personal challenge to find a brine that makes a carp edible... But think of the rewards! Total INFAMY!!!

D
Drew9870
Who knows, if only we were raised around a different background on Carp such as over around Russia and Ukraine, we would think of smoked Carp like we would Smoked Salmon back over here.

It's mainly about who's willing to try it and even admit it tastes good.

brandon4455
brandon4455
who wants to try some smoked crap!?... i mean carp LOL just kidding trying to be funny

brandon4455
brandon4455
GraphiteZen said:
Watch yerself dood. :naughty: ;)

sorry bo, hey atleast i didn't say a certain race right? and who knows, maybe one day we will be selling smoked carp to real aliens

T
Troutier Bassier
Nikolai Zaremskiy made $81,000 this year off fishing for them. I had dinner at his house a while ago and he told me he catch's HUGE fish on the columbia.
Pikeminnow from the willamette are bigger because:
1.) many people don't fish for them, causing them to grow more.
2.) there is A LOT more food in the willamette.
3.) the warmer water helps them grow.

brandon4455
brandon4455
dude, i could make a living off fishing, LOL thats amazing thatnks for your input george really appriciate it maybe ill see ya on the columbia next year and we could make some money!

R
rippin fish lips
brandon4455 said:
dude, i could make a living off fishing

x 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

T
Troutier Bassier
Uhh, you wouldn't like it. This is spending the whole week on the river, sleeping in your boat, only going on shore for 2 hours a day to get food and use the restroom.
Plus, after you pay taxes your left with like $60k

R
rippin fish lips
Troutier Bassier said:
Uhh, you wouldn't like it. This is spending the whole week on the river, sleeping in your boat, only going on shore for 2 hours a day to get food and use the restroom.

To be honest i think me/brandon wouldnt care about the pay to much, its just to get out on the water and live life that way. either way im still gunna try and make it happen. i love to be out on the water, and i would live on a boat on the water my whole life if i could, heck i want to be out on the water every single day!!! just my opinion tho!!!

R
rippin fish lips
Troutier Bassier said:

i disagree

T
TTFishon
GraphiteZen said:
It's very odd. It's almost as if I've taken a personal challenge to find a brine that makes a carp edible... But think of the rewards! Total INFAMY!!!

I read in a magazine to use the same brine you'd use for salmon. You're also suppose to soak the carp meat in plain water in the fridge for 3 days first. Supposedly it's delecious.

T
TTFishon
There's a pond in Springfield that has some huge pikeminnow. One night while cat fishing that's all we caught using chicken liver. My buddy was the one who was catching the 5 and 6 pounders. He could cast a lot farther than me. BTW, we took them home and fried them up and they were delicious.:shock:

M
Markcanby
I get them up to 5lbs hear in the Molalla. They do fight good for about 45sec then its like dragging in a log.
On the side note I dont think anyone can talk about how nasty carp would be tell they have eaten it. It was brought here as a food source so how bad can it be?

T
TTFishon
Markcanby said:
I get them up to 5lbs hear in the Molalla. They do fight good for about 45sec then its like dragging in a log.
On the side note I dont think anyone can talk about how nasty carp would be tell they have eaten it. It was brought here as a food source so how bad can it be?

I might try one if it came out of the upper Mckenzie or upper Willamette. lol

B
bigsteel
GraphiteZen said:
What are your thoughts on smoking carp?

i would smoke them in a nice 10 weight motor oil them light it on fire!!!!!!!!!on the other hand they are a good gift to give someone u dont like;)

R
rippin fish lips
TTFishon said:
There's a pond in Springfield that has some huge pikeminnow. One night while cat fishing that's all we caught using chicken liver. My buddy was the one who was catching the 5 and 6 pounders. He could cast a lot farther than me. BTW, we took them home and fried them up and they were delicious.:shock:

Is this the pond behind the springfield bus station? or near it i should say?

M
Markcanby
TTFishon said:
I might try one if it came out of the upper Mckenzie or upper Willamette. lol

I have seen some 20lbs here in the Mo I would try. My Dad went to company potluck years ago an had carp. He didn't know how they cooked it but said it was better than catfish.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
TTFishon said:

Pikeminnow...

Pikeminnow??

Pikeminnow!!!!!!!???

T
TTFishon
rippin fish lips said:
Is this the pond behind the springfield bus station? or near it i should say?

Nope

T
TTFishon
GraphiteZen said:
Pikeminnow...

Pikeminnow??

Pikeminnow!!!!!!!???

Yep, pikeminnow. What's the big deal? They eat the same thing a trout eats. The problem I have with eating them now is where they came from. lol