Lake and Pond Suggestions?

K
kyfishfanatic
I'm new to Oregon and trout fishing, but I already have the bug. Does anybody have any suggestions on lakes or ponds that are good for fly fishing? I'm new to flycasting too so a lake or pond with some room to cast would be good. Thanks guys, this is an awesome forum!

kyfishfanatic
 
L
liquidplumber
Anyfishisfine said:
I found this a while back:
Fly Fishing Lakes

Look up Trillium off hwy 26,it's beatiful and close, best to have a boat or a float tube.Stop at the fly shop on the way and they will hook you up with whats hot.
 
K
kyfishfanatic
Anyfishisfine, thanks for the resource! I appreciate the help.

Liquidplumber, is the fly shop in Government Camp?

THanks fellas, keep the lines tight!
 
O
Oregonchris
What side of Portland do you live in?
 
K
kyfishfanatic
Oregonchris, I live in the northeast. Close to 205.
 
L
liquidplumber
kyfishfanatic said:
Anyfishisfine, thanks for the resource! I appreciate the help.

Liquidplumber, is the fly shop in Government Camp?

THanks fellas, keep the lines tight!

Before government camp on the right hand side Rhodedendron maybe?Sorry about the spelling .Good luck.
 
P
PDXKush
Look up Blue Lake off MArine Dr. Some good trout fishing I've heard. PEace
 
B
babs2009
good fishing

good fishing

lake meyers....... and lake Lyle in rock away beach, tilamook county are great for trout, i go everyday and have not been disappointed...also town lake close to pacific city...:D
 
K
kyfishfanatic
babs2009, do you have any directions on how to get to any of those lakes? I'm not finding any of them on google. Thanks for the info!

kyfishfanatic
 
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome and thanks for sharing

Welcome and thanks for sharing

babs2009 said:
lake meyers....... and lake Lyle in rock away beach, tilamook county are great for trout, i go everyday and have not been disappointed...also town lake close to pacific city...:D

babs2009;
Wanted to welcome you to the finest and friendliest fishing forum in the country. We love sharing anything to do with fishing with all our members. You are OFF to a great start by sharing the info.
Please forgive me if this is not politically correct,never has been one of my strong suits,but,am I correct in assuming you are a female fisher folk? Your name is what makes me ask,although I have been known to ask some of our guys if they were gals by mistake. We have some great gals as members and I'm always on the lookout for more. If not,please accept my humble apologies. Again,welcome to OFF! Be safe.
Barb
 
B
babs2009
Raincatcher said:
babs2009;
Wanted to welcome you to the finest and friendliest fishing forum in the country. We love sharing anything to do with fishing with all our members. You are OFF to a great start by sharing the info.
Please forgive me if this is not politically correct,never has been one of my strong suits,but,am I correct in assuming you are a female fisher folk? Your name is what makes me ask,although I have been known to ask some of our guys if they were gals by mistake. We have some great gals as members and I'm always on the lookout for more. If not,please accept my humble apologies. Again,welcome to OFF! Be safe.
Barb
yes, i am a female..lol..no problem...thank you for your welcome to this fishing forum...i love to fish, get kinda ancy durring off season...lol..any helpful hints will be greatly appreciated....:)
 
S
steelhead1
yo man,one of the best investments I ever made was to buy the Oregon atlas and Gazeteer by DeLORME.I wear one out every two years or so:) they cost about twenty bucks at the book or sporting goods store. good luck!
 
T
Troutier Bassier
kyfishfanatic said:
anyfishisfine, thanks for the resource! I appreciate the help.

Liquidplumber, is the fly shop in government camp?

Thanks fellas, keep the lines tight!
salish ponds~!
 
M
madoc
kyfishfanatic said:
babs2009, do you have any directions on how to get to any of those lakes? I'm not finding any of them on google. Thanks for the info!

kyfishfanatic

Blue lake is in between Marine Drive and I84 towards Troutdale. Smallish lake, not a dog friendly park, never fished there but it is stocked with rainbows. And there is a Triathlon run there in June.

Benson Lake Rec area at exit 30 along east bound I84, stocked with rainbows and has warm water fishery as well (scouted yesterday). Benson lake is very shallow out to at least 20 yards from shore, from the looks of things it is best fished from a float, although I am going back out with my waders to try my luck.

Hagg Lake (Scoggins valley rec area) is always a safe bet, along Hwy 47 enroute to Gaston out of Forest Grove.

Later in the season Faraday Lake just past Estacada has some decent fishing off the dam

I haven't tried Bybee lake, so I'm not sure of what to expect up there.

Haldeman pond on Sauvie Island is worth a shot, although it is about the opposite of scenic.

Cheers,
Madoc
 
A
Anyfishisfine
madoc said:
Smallish lake, not a dog friendly park

I saw that too. I have a puppy, and love to take him fishing with me just as much as he loves to go. It does us both good.

Are there any other places I should avoid taking him?
 
P
PDXKush
Ya. I saw that sign and it p!&&ed me off. We all know that children are a bigger nuisance than doggies. Bunch of Bitter dog haters making decisions over there.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A
Anyfishisfine
I was floating with my kids in my canoe down the Tualatin a few weeks ago and had the dog with me. He was just standing on the boat wagging his tail, not even barking or anything and some woman in a kayak got on my case about bringing a dog into a wild place. A boat on a river lady, get a life!
 
M
mgdguy
Anyfishisfine said:
I was floating with my kids in my canoe down the Tualatin a few weeks ago and had the dog with me. He was just standing on the boat wagging his tail, not even barking or anything and some woman in a kayak got on my case about bringing a dog into a wild place. A boat on a river lady, get a life!

Ahh, Portland leftist hippies. It's THEIR water not YOURS! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
 
K
kyfishfanatic
Haven't you guys heard? Dogs are the cause of global warming! Just kidding, thanks for all the helpful posts. I've got a lot of traveling to do to find my fishin' hole. I can't wait, what a beautiful state to get your line wet in.

kyfishfanatic
 

Similar threads

S
Replies
13
Views
1K
Diamond Lake Charlie
D
F
Replies
10
Views
665
troutdude
troutdude
J
Replies
18
Views
696
olshiftybiscuits
O
D
Replies
1
Views
490
EBT
E
Top Bottom