Killer carp!

J
john montana
Gone for a few days and you guys go off again....hah!

I agree that Asian carp are a menace to the great lakes etc. Sure as heck don't want those fish out west. They are a different species than what we normally call carp though.

I agree that native species are preferable to non native. If we could get rid of the non native species (carp, bass, walleye,
Brown trout, etc) then we should. Realistically, we won't get carp or bass out of the Columbia or willamette though. Fortunately, carp (much like smallmouth bass, largemouth bass, and brown trout) are pretty fun to catch!

This thread needed some pictures.

• 9fc55bb2.png
GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
john montana said:
This thread needed some pictures.

Agreed haha..

O
OnTheFly
I think I'm going to be sick:wall: (this was the most appropriate smilely I could find. I really needed a puking one.lol)

C
chrisohm
I take it back. I never got this crazy on the Frankenfish thread. Drew loves to fish for carp and you jab at him constantly. I would love to see some of you guys in a Carp tournament with him...that would be fun to watch. In some ways carp can be helpful and have been introduced into our waterways to control weeds. Devil's Lake in Lincoln City?? Too bad they treat them like a protected species and its C&R. I wish they could survive on land long enough to keep me from mowing lawn, that would be awesome, more time to fish!

E
eggs
We never told him not to fish for themm... just told him he wasn't going to change our mind or opinion on them..

C
chrisohm
I guess you missed my point. He is passionate about catching carp and you "fun" people keep jabbing at him. Sometimes even egging him on to get a rise or your rocks off. Maybe he does need to just ignore you or get some thicker skin but you don't help the situation at all when it seems to be a consistant effort on all your parts to mock his passion for carp, a fish you guys don't even care about. You all have one thing in common: you like to fish. I'm just asking you all to be respectful of that passion. I have every right to get on this forum and defend his passion for fishing. If you want to cyber bully someone go Tweet your heart out. If you want to make consitant old jokes, go be a comedian in Vegas. There is a huge difference between a heated argument and what I see through some of these posts. If it were up to me I would create an "Ignore" feature that would hide any and all posts by specific members, then the problem would be solved and no one would know the difference... I am in no way going to attemp to change your opinion, just change your approach. I don't really care if it is invasive but you can thank mistakes made in tha past for creating that misery.

B
bigsteel
chrisohm said:
I guess you missed my point. He is passionate about catching carp and you "fun" people keep jabbing at him. Sometimes even egging him on to get a rise or your rocks off. Maybe he does need to just ignore you or get some thicker skin but you don't help the situation at all when it seems to be a consistant effort on all your parts to mock his passion for carp, a fish you guys don't even care about. You all have one thing in common: you like to fish. I'm just asking you all to be respectful of that passion. I have every right to get on this forum and defend his passion for fishing. If you want to cyber bully someone go Tweet your heart out. If you want to make consitant old jokes, go be a comedian in Vegas. There is a huge difference between a heated argument and what I see through some of these posts. If it were up to me I would create an "Ignore" feature that would hide any and all posts by specific members, then the problem would be solved and no one would know the difference... I am in no way going to attemp to change your opinion, just change your approach. I don't really care if it is invasive but you can thank mistakes made in tha past for creating that misery.

get off your high horse.why are you even bringing up an old thread.you just like to argue,i saw your frankenfish thread and how you talked to other people there,,if you dont get a joke then move on.

E
eggs
chrisohm said:
Thanks for telling me what to do and how to act, dad! What's for ****ing dinner??? Carp???

B
bigsteel
eggs said:
Thanks for telling me what to do and how to act, dad! What's for ****ing dinner??? Carp???

You can't have any pudding if you dont eat your meat

C
chrisohm
eggs said:

No son, tonight we get to share in your mom's panties! Need some more tobasco?

eggs...from now on I shall refer to you as Mr. Huevos!! Mucho grande huevos! No huego, no mass!!

Last edited:
C
chrisohm
eggs,
I can get, take and dish out jokes at random. At least I know when to stop and admit that was an a$$hole. I have made amends with JD by the way and we are amicable with each other besides our opinions and viewpoints. I even took some time to get to know him a little. Maybe I do like to argue, maybe I do like to stick up for some people when others are placating them. If you have any real issue with me being here I guess you could petition the mods to have me kicked off! Sorry to bring up old news but you could always just ignore me or get some thicker skin. Yeah I like using other people's ammunition, saves me money in the long run and I still get mine! As I said before I can do this all week, 24 hours a day. That is better than..well..any politician...

P.S. You, can go sit in your tower. I'll stay on my horse, it allows me the freedom to move as I choose. That is if you can take a joke while wearing that pretty dress of yours!!

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
chrisohm said:
eggs,
I can get, take and dish out jokes at random. At least I know when to stop and admit that was an a$$hole. I have made amends with JD by the way and we are amicable with each other besides our opinions and viewpoints. I even took some time to get to know him a little. Maybe I do like to argue, maybe I do like to stick up for some people when others are placating them. If you have any real issue with me being here I guess you could petition the mods to have me kicked off! Sorry to bring up old news but you could always just ignore me or get some thicker skin. Yeah I like using other people's ammunition, saves me money in the long run and I still get mine! As I said before I can do this all week, 24 hours a day. That is better than..well..any politician...

P.S. You, can go sit in your tower. I'll stay on my horse, it allows me the freedom to move as I choose. That is if you can take a joke while wearing that pretty dress of yours!!

why dont you just go away,,all you are about is arguing then apologizing like a little girl,,yo have 58 posts and half are garbage.i can tell you have way too much time on your hands

G
gjonesjr
Wow this is better than t.v. lol

E
eggs
Lol I dont need thick skin when I don't take anything on the internet to heart.... I never said I had an issue with you other then trying to tell me how I should act, but again took it with a grain of salt an responded to your serious and unneeded life directions with a joke..

I just need to find this tower you talk about...

G
gjonesjr
So this lady goes in to the drug store and she is hysterically crying,she goes to the pharmacist and ask for something to kill her husband,the pharmacist tells her you know i can't do that,he asks her what the problem is and she shows the pharmacist a picture of his wife in bed with her husband and the pharmacist says why didn't you tell me you had a prescription.

just trying to lighten the mood

E
eggs
gjonesjr said:
So this lady goes in to the drug store and she is hysterically crying,she goes to the pharmacist and ask for something to kill her husband,the pharmacist tells her you know i can't do that,he asks her what the problem is and she shows the pharmacist a picture of his wife in bed with her husband and the pharmacist says why didn't you tell me you had a prescription.

just trying to lighten the mood
haha even stuck with the killer theme! I like it!

C
chrisohm
Eggs,

The tower seems to be in bigsteel's back yard now. He stole it from us!! And my horse, I miss that darn cull...

bigsteel,
Yeah I post garbage here and there, yeah I apologize but I am far from being a girl, I just checked. It is entertaining fun and sometimes my wit gets me in trouble (my reason for apologizing). If I had more time to fish I wouldn't be paying attention to any part of this forum right now!

O
OnTheFly
chrisohm said:
Eggs,

The tower seems to be in bigsteel's back yard now. He stole it from us!! And my horse, I miss that darn cull...

bigsteel,
Yeah I post garbage here and there, yeah I apologize but I am far from being a girl, I just checked. It is entertaining fun and sometimes my wit gets me in trouble (my reason for apologizing). If I had more time to fish I wouldn't be paying attention to any part of this forum right now!

You had to Check????:lol:

B
beaverfan
chrisohm said:
Eggs,

bigsteel,

Witty? Really? Making comments about another forum members mothers panties is not witty, making a reference to another male member wearing a dress is not witty its just plain retarded and child-like. They are called personal attacks and you deserve all the crap they are giving you! You took things and turned them personal. If you can't debate without attacking people then don't debate, it makes you look really bad!

E
eggs
when people can't come up with anything using their 'wit' they often resort to personal attacks and name calling in order to feel superior in the conversation.. sometimes they turn into grammar police too..

now where was that picture i found online with a guy balls deep in a carps' mouth??? it would be fitting, but i just can't find it.. crazy the things to find when you search for 'carp sucking garbage'...