Killer carp!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
TTFishon said:
If it comes from clean water I'm willing to try it.

Clean water. I never considered that... hmm.

D
Drew9870
beaverfan said:
I want some of what your smokin'! What do you mean no other states have taken measures to eradicate them? That's just flat out wrong. There have been programs in Oregon and just about every other state. You say that Common Carp aren't destructive, lets se some evidence of that cause a quick google search shows just the opposite. My own eyes have seen the damage that Common Carp have done! Here's a quote from one of the thousands of articles on the destructive nature of the Common Carp.

You couldn't handle what I'm smokin :lol: ;);). I have read many articles on Carp, they can do damage to ponds with the stirred up sediments, but rivers are favored by Carp, and I'm sure Carp don't make much of a difference stirring up mud and uprooting plants in a river. It is clear that everyone hates them, and will not change their opinions, and will just keep looking for more reasons to hate them and for everyone else to hate them. I'll take everyones word when I hear ODFW talking about them doing damage to the Willamette and Columbia.

T
TTFishon
Drew9870 said:
You couldn't handle what I'm smokin :lol: ;);). I have read many articles on Carp, they can do damage to ponds with the stirred up sediments, but rivers are favored by Carp, and I'm sure Carp don't make much of a difference stirring up mud and uprooting plants in a river. It is clear that everyone hates them, and will not change their opinions, and will just keep looking for more reasons to hate them and for everyone else to hate them. I'll take everyones word when I hear ODFW talking about them doing damage to the Willamette and Columbia.

Here's an article for you. Fish invaders causing dramatic downturn in birds at eastern Oregon refuge | OregonLive.com

D
Drew9870
Any place I fish for Carp just doesn't have the capability to become like Malheur Lake, I have read this article also, places like the Willamette have too many predator species to keep the Carp in check.

T
TTFishon
Drew9870 said:
Any place I fish for Carp just doesn't have the capability to become like Malheur Lake, I have read this article also, places like the Willamette have too many predator species to keep the Carp in check.

That might be true but carp are a destructive force in waters that you apparently don't fish too.

L
lilsalmon
ummmm.......I'm having deja vu........can you really smoke carp all crumbled up in a pipe? Doesn't it smell like skunk?

God, I can't believe I just said that

D
Drew9870
You do have a trout pipe right? :cool: Carp just have more bones to pick out :lol:

I'll tell you what, I might just let you all have a sneak peak of my special Carp pipe.

Last edited:
GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
That is awesome hahah!!!!

B
bigsteel
the willamette a perfect example,,doesn't that bother you that carp can maintain itself in a sewer...

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
bigsteel said:
the willamette a perfect example,,doesn't that bother you that carp can maintain itself in a sewer...

A Tarpon can as well.

T
troutramp
You guys are cracking me up.......i love fishing for carp as well.

N
ninja2010
this thread has got to be made a sticky... awesome info on smoking carp - where else can one find such valuable info... and not to mention the prestige and adoration dedicated to this almighty god's gift to mankind.

wish i had all this precious info when i was growing up in asia, where all carp are asian carp except for the occasional tourist carp...

O
OnTheFly
Drew9870 said:
You do have a trout pipe right? :cool: Carp just have more bones to pick out :lol:

I'll tell you what, I might just let you all have a sneak peak of my special Carp pipe.

LOL! That'S hilarious!!!!. And the pipe holder is made with 2 x 6's ahahahahahah!!!!

E
eggs
lilsalmon said:
ummmm.......I'm having deja vu........can you really smoke carp all crumbled up in a pipe? Doesn't it smell like skunk?

God, I can't believe I just said that

"OMG it smells like a skunk over here"

L
lilsalmon
eggs said:
"OMG it smells like a skunk over here"

Sheesh bout time you picked up on that.....I am disappointed....:lol: :lol: :lol:

B
bigsteel
dam skunks in the tent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E
eggs
I have also 'heard' that drying the contents of a carps stomach then grind it up and snorting it will product results simular to LSD..

B
bigsteel
wheres ken kesey when we need him,,,,,,

B
bigsteel
we should have a strain of sea run carp and train them not to come back:lol::lol:

D
Drew9870
bigsteel said:

I have caught trout out of the Willamette, you want to say they don't maintain themselves in a sewer, or 'is that different'. The Carp didn't choose to live in the Willamette, they have a higher tolerance for pollutants, is this a bad thing? What about all the Steely's that run through the sewer, just because they pass through the Willy doesn't mean they didn't soak up any of it's wonderful flavor, Sturgeon maintain themselves in a sewer, does that bother anyone?