Just had to post this

M
montym
Thanks, awesome video. Took me completely by surprise, I was looking for the next cast once it got so close to the boat.

T
TimberTodd
Dang another foot or so and he would have landed in the boat while hitting that frog. Definitely make your heart skip a beat.

troutdude
troutdude
That fish meant business!

Had one do that to me once...as I was lifting my spinnerbait, out of the water (and literally at my feet...while I was in a small raft). But I wasn't expecting it--so I missed it. Gotta love bass fishing!

B
Berg03
ive had that happen to me with a swimbait. Scared the living **** out of me, almost dropped my rod. Mine was only a 2lber. Couldn't imagine a huge bass like that. JEEES

T
Throbbit _Shane
FishOn420 said:
Great post! That gave me a good jump. Is that really how fast your supposed to retrieve those frogs? I have wanted to try them out for kicks but didn't think you would retrieve it so quick.

He was just reeling the frog in to make another cast when it hit near the boat. I caught something similar on film too but it was on a senko.

B
BamaDan
FishOn420 said:
Great post! That gave me a good jump. Is that really how fast your supposed to retrieve those frogs? I have wanted to try them out for kicks but didn't think you would retrieve it so quick.

That's faster than you'd typically want to fish one, but experience and this video prove there are always exceptions. Sometimes you drag it over their nose and get a strike.

Frogs are fantastic baits. You'll get your best results early morning or just before dark as with any topwater for bass. Frogs really shine when you fish them up in the grass where other lures can't go. The good ones are practically weedless, they skate over snags no problem, and they're pretty indestructible.

Sometimes when they hit, don't set the hook right away unless it's an obvious take. They like to stun it and they'll circle back in a couple seconds to actually take the lure. Other times they just inhale it. This one was a 4 pounder. Couldn't imagine a 9+ that close to the boat.

• frog take.jpg