Just a heads up!

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
Well it's that time of year again and the fish will be biting soon here on the Siuslaw, but i just wanted to give a heads up to anyone new to Salmon Fishing here on the "Slaw"... there are NO fish up here in the upper part of the river just yet. i have seen at least a half dozen or so casting their line OFF the bank up near Farnham Landing just to watch them drive away empty handed :( just give it till the first part of October when the water has cooled and then they will move up! i promise as the "Unofficial" watcher of the Siuslaw :)D) ill post when i start seeing the fish getting pulled out. Good Luck to everyone this year!:thumb:

E
Eoughphily
Any action going on on rhododendron?

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
I haven't seen anything OFF the rocks yet or heard anything.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
we crabbed for 4 hours along the red wing dams on Monday and the lower river was buzzing with boats, lots more activity than normal for early August weekday, launch parking lot was full at 8am! water temp below 101 bridge was nice during incoming tide (55F) but sonar showed no large fish in the river along there and we saw none hooked....there was a nice burp of nooks up into the river over the weekend, so good stuff coming! most action now, nook and coho!, seems to be in the jaws.

E
Eoughphily
Thanks for the replies. Was thinking about heading out that way today but don't want to waist the two hour drive if there's no fish yet.

hobster
hobster
Thanks for the updates!

C
coyo7e
Eoughphily said:
Any action going on on rhododendron?
The guys at the sports shop in Florence said that some folks have been pulling a couple out, I hit it up for a couple hours (as well as south jetty, looked like more folks purely using crab throw rings and not even fishing, saw three times as manyt rigs pull onto the pull-out on rhody and just chill and watch for 15 minutes and then leave again) but got mobbed by yellowjackets at a couple spots along the length of that pull-out. After moving a third time I left and decided to come back earlier in the day before they small the bait or get excited by a white t-shirt.