Jcp 11/26-11/27

T
the_intimidator03
Ok. Said i was going to do this yesterday... but i got distracted and went fishing! so :p

Anyhow I met with Throbbit_Shane on the 26th at JCP. The day was fairly sunny and prior to Shanes arrival, I had already hooked 4 and landed 2 trout in the 15-17 inch range using a spoon. Fished from about 1 pm til dusk. Shane was running a little late and so his punishment seemed to be skunk.

I decided to pop back out on the 27th (again around 1) And started off using a fly. I managed to find a single willing taker on a black leech pattern. But since it was slow and I was going to give the fish to my friend I wanted to get a few. I finally felt lazy enough to sit down and use powerbait (i know i know) I ended up getting 3 more fish and failed to limit out before it got too cold and dark for me to fish. The fish ran from 13-15 inches. The day was cloudy and a bit foggy. I failed to get any hits on silver or brass spoons.

I did notice that there were a lot of cruising fish (both days) and if i would use powerbait on a leader about a foot. Cast out about 10 feet and a bit in front of these cruising schools... then drag the bait into the cruising schools i could entice a bite.

T
Throbbit _Shane
It was nice meeting you the other day. Think ill drag my pontoon there someday soon. Ill have better luck trolling i think lol.

T
tomriker
they need to throw some largemouth in there, those things would get huge

T
Throbbit _Shane
tomriker said:
they need to throw some largemouth in there, those things would get huge

I doubt they would do well. Not very much cover at all. Plus if anyone catches a big one while going for trout they'll likely keep it.

T
troutmasta
sometimes I love to just sit back and trout fish

R
rippin fish lips
Slaughter fest out there today. Spinners caught most of the trout ranging from 14-18. We all hooked into ther bigger size (17)-18) or so.

G
grampa ron
The ODFW has been doing a great job of putting in some decent trout in the pond. I have been fly fishing there with very good success. Sunday was bit tough for the first 2 hrs. but it finally turned on. I landed 5 out of the 9 I had on.
By the way, there are Bass in the pond. I caught 2, about 8 inches, last year.

R
rippin fish lips
Caught a 25" brooder there today on a spinner. plus 2 other decent sized trout.