Its just all a big scam

brandon4455
brandon4455
kirkster said:
I caught a bad case of those "Ditch Pickles" once. But no worries penicillan cleared it right up.

better hope they aren't contagious kirk LOL.

S
SALTYFISH
autofisher said:
There's a couple of things that I really recommend that seemed to really help me out this year on fishing the Santiam...... #1 Don't put too much pressure on yourself to catch fish. I had way more fun and actually caught more fish when I abandoned all hope and just went to have fun. #2 Switch it up..... go against the norm. For months I read on here that pink worms don't work. Guess what? HAMMERED fish on the North Santiam with pink worms. #3 Jerks are free...... there were a couple of times that I missed fish because of a hesitation on my hook set. The steel up there are lightening fast and even if you were sitting there watching the fish swallow your bait, there's still a good chance that you're not gonna feel it in your traditional fish "nibble" sense. #4 Go with a friend or two.... it always breaks the monotony and even if you aren't the one fighting the fish, it's still exciting. You'll find that a lot of people on here are more than willing to share information when they're approached in the right manner.

Dido i also hammered the metal heads with PINK rubber worms this year.also heard they work great for winters on the Wilson and the Alsea.

kirkster
kirkster
GDBrown said:
I wish I had some good luck...... I'm usually a jinks when it comes to actually catching what I'm after if left to my own devices. Now when someone takes me (OTF) and I do as I'm told I usually catch fish. I have been getting better but in 25 years here in Oregon my average is about one salmon or steelhead every five years. I got one last year just before Christmas when I tried a jig for the first time! Of coarse I was steelhead fishing and caught a 27lb. Chinook! I won't complain though, I have had very few days on the water that were not enjoyable. I think I have just as much fun watching someone else catch a big one as when I do. Maybe if it happened to me more often that would change. So if your new to the state or this type of fishing make friends with someone who is successful and go watch them do it, leave the rod in the truck and just watch for a few hours. Ask questions, if they are willing, learn what you can and then go try for yourself. If you have a hard time making (or keeping) friends then the best money you will spend is on a guide who will help you learn. One or two trips with a guide is much cheaper than twenty trips out by yourself.
I spent a whole day next to Kirkster and watched him catch three steelhead while I never felt a bite. I should have just watched. I would have learned more.

JMTCW

GD

Dont let GD fool ya. I remember that day and its ironic because the reason I caught three was from watching you GD. LOL When are you going to make it back out this way GD. Whenever it is you make sure to let me know.

G
GDBrown
kirkster said:
Dont let GD fool ya. I remember that day and its ironic because the reason I caught three was from watching you GD. LOL When are you going to make it back out this way GD. Whenever it is you make sure to let me know.

Only if you'll hook a fish and had me the rod! Another month or so. I need a stronger back before I can stand in moving water again.

GD

kirkster
kirkster
GDBrown said:
Only if you'll hook a fish and had me the rod! Another month or so. I need a stronger back before I can stand in moving water again.

GD
You got a deal, In fact you can have first dibs on any fish I hook while your there. I'll do my best to make your trip worth while.