It's a wrap!!!

M
Mad dog
Waterfowling is done over for the season....at least in the SW zone. I might head north for a weekend in the permit zone or head south for some speck and snow goose hunting in the basin.....Maybe.....well, at least as long as the steelheading doesn't look to hot! I'm gettin' itchy to catch some fish! ;)

Daniel and I hit it for some geese this morning and killed 7 of our 8. About 10:00am or so there started being some talk of egg rolls and hot and sour soup being thrown around so we said to hell with the last goose! :D He wanted to get some lunch and hit his duck pond for one last evening shoot.

Next week....I'm fishin'!!! :clap:

The view from my blind this morning.
001-19.jpg
Posing with our geese on the decoy cart....had about a mile or so push back to where the truck was parked!
003-20.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: chrisohm
K
Kevinb5688
Wish i had that many bands. I got a few but i quit fighting over who shot the banded bird with my buddies.
I figure if i take a single thats banded no one will pout!

M
Mad dog
Kevinb5688 said:
Wish i had that many bands. I got a few but i quit fighting over who shot the banded bird with my buddies.
I figure if i take a single thats banded no one will pout!

Took me a whole lifetime to collect them....I'd give them back just to be 20 again!!!

K
Kevinb5688
Haha, i hear ya. I dont hunt near a banding location either. My buddy hunts fern ridge and gets a band about every other trip. I did get a banded hen wood duck this year so that was cool. 4 years ago when i started hunting my first ever mallard was a 3 year old bird banded in canada. I mounted that on my wall.
Good luck catching steelhead, its been a great year for that so far.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Good for you and Daniel! :clap: You two are pretty darn awesome hunting machines. I have to ask about the bands. Are they trophy-ish? What is the significance of the bands? They must be special if guys pout about not getting them...:confused::lol:

K
Kevinb5688
Raincatcher said:
Good for you and Daniel! :clap: You two are pretty darn awesome hunting machines. I have to ask about the bands. Are they trophy-ish? What is the significance of the bands? They must be special if guys pout about not getting them...:confused::lol:

Yes, bands are like a trophy. You send in the number on the band to f&w and in return they send you a nice frameable certificate saying " so and so killed this 3 year old mallard banded at fern ridge on such and such date.
It is fairly rare and a way to show off your hunting experience. In mad dogs case i could tell just from all of his bands he has hunted hard for a long time.
I wish they would do something along those lines with fish. They tag steelhead and salmon but you get nothing cool to show for catching one.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Wow, I'll bet you and mad dog have both been able to wallpaper an entire room with them. :clap: That would be cool if the ODFW did the same with fish, maybe a lip ring...:think::lol::lol: