Is the Sandy producing?

C
collegekidusa
Does any one have a report for the Sandy? Is it producing yet? Would appreciate any knowledge, thanks.

collegekidusa

R
rippin fish lips
im sure it is! u wouldnt be wasting time.

E
eggs
The cedar creek circus.. yes...

The rest of the river.. average..

C
collegekidusa
That's all I needed to know, thanks guys. Let you know how it is.

M
Moe
headed there now, I hope its fishing good...

H
halibuthitman
the fishing is exellent right now-

M
Moe
Caught a bunch of smolt, suckers, and I had an unidentified large fish that I lost to a submerged log after a 5min fight. BTW do shad run in the sandy? I think I caught a few today in there. I will post pics of them later to make sure they were .

B
beaverfan
Where were you at? It wouldn't surprise me if they were in the lower river. Can't wait to see the picks. Oh and sorry you lost a biggun that always blows but at least ya hooked it right?

H
halibuthitman
6:45 a.m today.....

E
eggs
That looks familar.. hmmmm if it where I think it is maybe I need to go take a look!

B
beaverfan
halibuthitman said:
6:45 a.m today.....

Well I'll be there are Shad in the Sandy!!!!!! Beautiful fish!!!!!

H
halibuthitman
beaverfan said:
Well I'll be there are Shad in the Sandy!!!!!! Beautiful fish!!!!!
yeah they are just slammin the size 22 x-caddis... but only olive- biggest damn shad ive ever seen!

F
Fish-N-Chips
I love me some over sized shad:lol:

M
Moe
Shad

Shad

Yesterdays pics. It was my little bro's birthday and h had a great time. He prefered using worms to catch suckers lol.
IMG_20110719_140640.jpgIMG_20110719_135425.jpgIMG_20110719_140646.jpgIMG_20110719_140651.jpgIMG_20110719_141245.jpgIMG_20110719_135349.jpg

F
FishSchooler
Chub, not shad

E
EastCountyRookie
Was there this morning, had 12 real light bobber downs and two successful hook-ups but only one hen to the bait. guy there before me left with two and another guy i ran into said two casts two fish

E
EastCountyRookie
I also ran into a fellow about three weeks ago and he said at Dabney they were catching keeper sturgeon

B
beaverfan
Drew9870 said:
Redside Shiner, not Chub :wall:.

Nope that is definitely a Tui Chub, a native fish in the region.

M
Moe
looks like redside is right. Are they native to the sandy? and are they there all year or just around this time?

M
Moe
and when I was pulling in my spinner, I had seen a fish with a rather distinctive red color, that I am guessing is a male redside?