Ice fishing

S
Steelyfishn
I am hoping to get some feedback from any of you Ice fisherman. The company I work for carries a wide variety of ice fishing tackle and gear and I want to stock some stores in my territory with gear. I just dont know which stores to supply where demand would justify it.

Any feedback would be helpful

Thanks

Josh Buchwald

S
Steelyfishn
My territory is Albany to ashland(I-5) Lincoln City to Crescent City (coastal) and Redmond Bend and K.Falls

Steelyfishn said:
I am hoping to get some feedback from any of you Ice fisherman. The company I work for carries a wide variety of ice fishing tackle and gear and I want to stock some stores in my territory with gear. I just dont know which stores to supply where demand would justify it.

Any feedback would be helpful

Thanks

Josh Buchwald

A
alseaalumaweld
is there anyone that ice fishes in oregon? as close as i get is snow fishing for steelys with frozen guides.

T
the_intimidator03
about the only place ive "heard" of ice fishing in oregon is diamond lake during the opener. other than that I have not heard much. Cause sadly i sure do miss it. Besides that i cannot provide much help

R
RunWithSasquatch
Ive read some articles in NW Sportsman, sounds like there is actually quite a bit of it to be done in Oregon. Ive got a buddy that has prodded me to go with him before.

S
Steelyfishn
Thanks... I wasn't sure thought I would ask the OFF experts

A
alseaalumaweld
where? far east oregon? from what i seen i wouldnt trust going out on the ice

R
RunWithSasquatch
alseaalumaweld said:
is there anyone that ice fishes in oregon? as close as i get is snow fishing for steelys with frozen guides.

Need to get some heated rods.

R
RunWithSasquatch
alseaalumaweld said:
where? far east oregon? from what i seen i wouldnt trust going out on the ice

Well, its not gonna be in Newport.

**** from the cascades east freeze hard every winter.

S
Steelyfishn
lol... No its not going to be in Newport.... Curious about K falls area and Bend/Redmond...Prineville???

RunWithSasquatch said:
Well, its not gonna be in Newport.

**** from the cascades east freeze hard every winter.

A
alseaalumaweld
ever winter i got east to coyote hunt and it was 20 or lower 2 years ago for the few days i was there and ice wasn't very thick im a fat kid and dont like to swim

A
alseaalumaweld
from what i know Bend/Redmond...Prineville mite freze anuff for a few days but i wont ever trust it.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Lake of the Woods on hwy 140 was a great place to ice fish. It's just east of Fish Lake in Klamath County. It's also one of two lakes in Oregon that allow night fishing. It's between Medford and Klamath Falls.

M
Mad dog
Irishrover said:
Lake of the Woods on hwy 140 was a great place to ice fish. It's just east of Fish Lake in Klamath County. It's also one of two lakes in Oregon that allow night fishing. It's between Medford and Klamath Falls.

My sons ice fish Lake of the woods for yellow perch, I used to ice fish Howards praire reservoir for trout back in the 80's when it used to be open to fishing all winter. Sometimes there would be 300 or more people out on the ice on the weekends!

S
Steelyfishn
Thanks guys I really appreciate the info

Mad dog said:
My sons ice fish Lake of the woods for yellow perch, I used to ice fish Howards praire reservoir for trout back in the 80's when it used to be open to fishing all winter. Sometimes there would be 300 or more people out on the ice on the weekends!

Irishrover said:

N
nwkiller
I know prineville area has some great ice fishing....

H
Hawk
Since i wuz a young'un in WI, this is the closest i've bean to ice fishin'...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

N
Ntofishing
I went ice fishing for the first time this year when Diamond was still frozen over. I was pleasantly surprised that it was that much fun. I hope to do it again maybe more this winter into the early spring. Hope that helps your decision.

T
Thuggin4Life
A lot of the high lakes freeze over

C
capblack
my friend and i talked about trying to do some ice fishing this year. there are some vids on you tube where they were fishing marion lake with i think almost 10 inches of ice. sounds like fun to me!!