Ice fishing northern Oregon Cascades

F
FRITZFRITZFRITZ
2'' of snow and 3''-4'' of ice a little sketchy getting on the ice some of the shoreline kinda thin and even open in spots. but good ice when you get on. December 1, 2014.

• DSCN6708.jpg
  • DSCN6709.jpg
T
TTFishon
Any fish?

F
Fishpdx
Where are you fishing? Because I'm wondering if Clear lake is frozen , On thanksgiving the lake was still clear of ice, so I don't know how long it takes to freeze.

F
FRITZFRITZFRITZ
Oregon Cascades

Oregon Cascades

TTFishon;317593]Any fish?
just checking out the ice, only fished from 3:20 -4:30 so hardly time to really fish, got skunked this time.

Last edited:
F
FRITZFRITZFRITZ
(Carp) Where are you fishing? near government camp, maybe what 500' less in elevation government camp at 4,000-foot level lake at 3,601and Clear Lake is a t3,012'and south so its probably not ans thik of ice, but can't really say,to many clear lakes:O the one i found at first was south of detroit lakes, sorry! good luck!

Last edited:
F
Fishpdx
Yes I want to fish near the government camp, The nearby lake I've found was timothy lake.

F
FRITZFRITZFRITZ
Carp said:
Yes I want to fish ,found was timothy lake. i hav yet to fish timothy in winter check the regs dont know if its open, quite far of rd and dont know if the rd is open, the ice is getting thinner just by the weather freezing level 6000'-8000'