I won the truck

troutdude
troutdude
Yogidabear said:
Your right I'm a buzz kill, sorry it's just the first thing that I thought of if I would have been the lucky winner. :) look at it this way he could turn around a flip it for an easy 40k maybe 45 pay the taxes and have 22 to 27 cash to buy a cool boat :)

That's what I'd do with it.

Congrats. Totally awesome, to see an OFFer get the goods!

T
troutmasta
Eff Yeah bud!

H
hvacr1
Thanks for all the great replies. I will definitely put up some pics once I get the truck. I am planning on keeping it because the current truck I have now is too small (reg cab need crew) for my family. Also the truck I own currently I should be able to sell for almost what I will owe in taxes. So I might have to chip in two or three thousand, where are you gonna get a 55k truck for that lol. When my wife called me to let me know initially that I won I was immediately thinking used duckworth jet boat, not that I would have a problem with hewes or north river etc. Well I'm sure you all know how that conversation ended with the wife hahaha lol. So my wife wants to keep the truck because it will be more practical and she says there is nothing wrong with the boat I have now. Thanks again I will keep everyone posted. One more thing, I am glad I won it as well as being an OFF member instead of one of the elitists from the other fishing forum winning.

Last edited:
E
eugene1
Well said! enjoy your new truck, any idea when you're going to get it?

Best,

hvacr1 said:
Thanks for all the great replies. I will definitely put up some pics once I get the truck. I am planning on keeping it because the current truck I have now is too small (reg cab need crew) for my family. Also the truck I own currently I should be able to sell for almost what I will owe in taxes. So I might have to chip in two or three thousand, where are you gonna get a 55k truck for that lol. When my wife called me to let me know initially that I won I was immediately thinking used duckworth jet boat, not that I would have a problem with hewes or north river etc. Well I'm sure you all know how that conversation ended with the wife hahaha lol. So my wife wants to keep the truck because it will be more practical and she says there is nothing wrong with the boat I have now. Thanks again I will keep everyone posted. One more thing, I am glad I won it as well as being an OFF member instead of one of the elitists from the other fishing forum winning.

F
fisherofmen
congratulations. way to go.

H
hvacr1
Not really sure yet, but hopefully Cabelas will contact me within this upcoming week. I think the delivery date will also depend on what options I am going to order. The only option that I think may set the delivery date back is the engine because I am willing to wait a little bit(not available till early fall) to get the 6.2 liter engine (gas) 420 hp 450 ft lb torque. I am glad I have a company vehicle to get to and from work otherwise that is not the engine I would be selecting.

T
troutmasta
hvacr1 said:
. One more thing, I am glad I won it as well as being an OFF member instead of one of the elitists from the other fishing forum winning.

Salute Sir!

H
Hawk
Well Done Bro......ConGratulations...:D:D

:cool:

:clap::clap::clap:

bass
bass
Congrats!!

L
lilsalmon
At our morning meeting it was announced that the truck will be presented to the winner tomorrow......$55,000 truck...Good job! Maybe I will see you there tomorrow, hvacr1.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
lilsalmon said:
At our morning meeting it was announced that the truck will be presented to the winner tomorrow......$55,000 truck...Good job! Maybe I will see you there tomorrow, hvacr1.

hey, that is so cool...

J
JimBob
Saw you on KEZI tonight. Congrats!

If i had won it first trip I would make would be to the Ford dealer for a real truck!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
hvacr1 said:
One more thing, I am glad I won it as well as being an OFF member instead of one of the elitists from the other fishing forum winning.

hahahahaha!!!

Congratulations!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
jimbob said:
saw you on kezi tonight. Congrats!

If i had won it first trip i would make would be to the ford dealer for a real truck!

lol!

H
hvacr1
I went down to cabelas on sunday for the interview which I thought went pretty good. I had no idea they were gonna give me 300 dollars to spend a fifty dollar gift card to buffalo wild wings and some free shirts and hats. The truck on the news is not my truck that is just one they had guaranty chevrolet bring in for show. I havent even ordered mine yet but hopefully I will have it ordered by the end of the week. I will take pictures when I take delivery on it. I still can't believe I won. I'll keep everyone up to date.

H
hvacr1
I am actually selling my 05 f150 fx4 5.4 4x4 to pay most of the taxes for the chevy. I've always owned fords time for a change I guess. Btw anyone looking for a truck I am selling my ford like I said.

L
lilsalmon
hvacr1 said:
I went down to cabelas on sunday for the interview which I thought went pretty good. I had no idea they were gonna give me 300 dollars to spend a fifty dollar gift card to buffalo wild wings and some free shirts and hats. The truck on the news is not my truck that is just one they had guaranty chevrolet bring in for show. I havent even ordered mine yet but hopefully I will have it ordered by the end of the week. I will take pictures when I take delivery on it. I still can't believe I won. I'll keep everyone up to date.

I am glad your wife found you....hehe. I heard on the radio (we all wear radio's at Cabela's) that she was looking for you. I was working Sunday. Again, Congrats!!!

H
hvacr1
It sure is a great place to get lost in though hahaha. If you see Dan around tell him I said thanks again and it was a pleasure meeting him and not just because he was the one giving me all the free stuff lol haha.

L
lilsalmon
hvacr1 said:
It sure is a great place to get lost in though hahaha. If you see Dan around tell him I said thanks again and it was a pleasure meeting him and not just because he was the one giving me all the free stuff lol haha.

Yeah, Dan is cool...I will tell him.

bass
bass
Congrats on the new truck! I always have a bit of doubt with any contest until the prizes are actually delivered.