I won the truck

H
hvacr1
So here it is documentation that I won the chevy truck in the cabelas fish for millions contest. This is the first letter I received on Friday may 31st letting me know that I was the unofficial winner. After signing a few legal documents in the packet and returning them with my tag I just received notice yesterday that I am the official winner. I have not actually spoke with a rep from cabelas yet but hopefully that will be this week as you must communicate with the promotion company first and they verify. I can't wait until I can pick out the truck I want and customize it to what I've always wanted. I am very stoked about this and I can't believe a top prize fish came out of hagg lake in Oregon. I would have let you folks know sooner but I wanted to make sure it was official before I told anyone. Best part is I was able to prove to my wife that the hundreds of hours of fishing time each year paid off finally lol. So for any skeptics out there (I'm the biggest one I know) it can be done and when it comes to fishing I'll take luck over skill most days.

• IMG_0473.jpg
Reactions: igquick
W
wozniasm
Outstanding! Congrats!!!!!

Chromatose
Chromatose
Cool Beans.........................................:clap:

O
OnTheFly
That's the coolest thing I've heard in a long time. Post up pictures when you get it.

T
the_intimidator03
congrats on the achievement, That of course is proving to your wife you CAN make something while fishing, or at least break even.

E
eugene1
very nice!!!

F
flocaster
Congratulations! Glad to hear it was an OFF member that won!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Outstanding!!! :clap:

I
igquick
This is definitely one of the greatest fishing stories i heard....CONGRATS!

If someone asks: "so how much did you get this truck for?"

You answer: "uh...trout?"

Y
Yogidabear
That's great,

Now just get ready to pay the huge tax bill that comes with it, about 1/3 of the value of the truck 55 k = about 18 thousand bucks

Last edited:
R
radiation
Oh come on Yogidabear. Don't be such a buzz kill!:dance: It's about time someone close to home won something. I always wonder if these things are fixed because no one seems to know the winners. Congratulations!!:clap:

T
TimberTodd
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

H
HereFishy
Congrats man. But you don't really want all the stress of worrying about scratching a brand new truck. Or door dings in a parking lot or something. I'll take it OFF your hands for you. That's how nice of a guy I am.

Reactions: lilsalmon
18406ej
18406ej
I agree 100% with Radiation on both counts. Congratulations! Can one of your customizations be a diesel engine?

G
Gettin' Jiggy Wid It
Awesome!

Y
Yogidabear
radiation said:
Oh come on Yogidabear. Don't be such a buzz kill!:dance: It's about time someone close to home won something. I always wonder if these things are fixed because no one seems to know the winners. Congratulations!!:clap:

Your right I'm a buzz kill, sorry it's just the first thing that I thought of if I would have been the lucky winner. :) look at it this way he could turn around a flip it for an easy 40k maybe 45 pay the taxes and have 22 to 27 cash to buy a cool boat :)

C
ChezJfrey
OnTheFly said:
That's the coolest thing I've heard in a long time. Post up pictures when you get it.

Same here...too freakin' cool!

C
ChezJfrey
HereFishy said:
Congrats man. But you don't really want all the stress of worrying about scratching a brand new truck. Or door dings in a parking lot or something. I'll take it OFF your hands for you. That's how nice of a guy I am.

That is such a generous offer to endure the anxiety this new winner will certainly experience. We have such a great group here to look out for each other like that, LOL

H
HereFishy
Thought I'd at least OFFer.

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
:clap: :cool: Congrats to you!!!