I need a pink rod!?!

V
VagrantAngler
So my wife has finally caught the fishing bug! That's the good news. Bad news is she is insisting that her new spinning rod be pink. Now I've been having a hard time finding anything but Barbie rods in pink. Not that there is anything wrong with the classic barbie rod, just won't work as a bober and jig/bait rod. Anybody have a sugestion?

Brian

Y
yakker2
I recently saw some pink rods and reels. cannot remember which store-I was in bimart,big 5 and dicks recently.

C
colbypearson
st.croix makes a womens series avid rod just like the the regular avids except with diffrent colors and abalone inserts of abolone shells it should be a pretty nice rod :):)

C
colbypearson
D
Drew9870
Dicks Sporting Goods has pink combos, baitcasting and spinning combos.

V
VagrantAngler
Thank you all very much think I'm on the right path now. Love the idea of the Avid Pearl rods. Just wish they came in a 9'+ size for bobber fishing. I have a 9'6" Avid steelheader casting rod and it is a fantastic rod. St. Croix's customer service is on par with Lamiglas, quite the accomplishment as they are located in the midwest.
Brian

Troutski
Troutski
Women anglers...

Women anglers...

Just remember the only way to out fish a female angler is to leave her on the dock;) My wife goes out with me two or three times a year, it never fails; :rolleyes: Not sure why that it but it is one of those facts of nature, hummmm "Mother Nature" it just hit me.

Chuck

V
VagrantAngler
As long as I get to go out I don't care if she outfishes me. Mater of fact I hope she does. Then she will be just as excited to go as I am.

J
JeannaJigs
Hahahah good luck. Bimart has some 8'6 pink rods WITH pink reels...no clue who makes them..probably like shakespeare or something...They scared me when I came around the end of the aisle and they were right there in my face.

No pink rods for me.

V
VagrantAngler
It actually seems that there aren't a ton of quality 8'6"-9'6" pink ords out there. She may just have to settle for a rod with a pink wrap job.

Fish-On Fred
Fish-On Fred
VagrantAngler said:
It actually seems that there aren't a ton of quality 8'6"-9'6" pink ords out there. She may just have to settle for a rod with a pink wrap job.

Seen 3 Pink rods in River Road Bi-Mart in North Eugene this afternoon. Trout type 2 piece with a reel.:)

W
womanwhofishes
There nothing wrong with a spare Barbie pole :dance:

V
VagrantAngler
womanwhofishes said:
There nothing wrong with a spare Barbie pole :dance:

Got a Barbie, Batman, and a SpongeBob already. ;)

Y
yakker2
pink paint?

troutdude
troutdude
Shakespeare makes a pink reel, rod too I think. And decent quality too. Maybe around 50 - 60 bucks for the reel?

T
Troutier Bassier
I saw a Okuma Pink rod at Bobs during the show. It was another bass rod but only cost about $60. ;)

J
JeannaJigs
There sure are a lot of guys scoping out pink rods these days :think:

B
bigsteel
JeannaJigs said:
There sure are a lot of guys scoping out pink rods these days :think:

i was gonna wait for someone else to say that:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: