I got trout to clean

pretty fun for my day pass caught a couple fish :) thanks to my gf's cousin. Well I never cleaned trout before so I tried to filet the first one kinda screwed up so I cut the head and guted the other two in oven now with seasons hope they turn out good.

pretty fun for my day pass caught a couple fish :) thanks to my gf's cousin. Well I never cleaned trout before so I tried to filet the first one kinda screwed up so I cut the head and guted the other two in oven now with seasons hope they turn out good.

Ha! my mom used to always make me cut the heads off my trout, or she wouldn't cook them, I guess they gave her the evil eye from the frying pan:shock:

Nice going OM. Now you need a annual license. That the way i do it cut the heads off and remove the guts and blood. wrap in tin foil and toss in oven :D

Good job Dude! I never cut the heads off unless it's an accident. When I fry them up I know the fish is done when the eyes turn white.

OM good job, I only took one picture all day and it was of the largest one we caught.. I will post it later.. All told we came away with 6 trophy size (16" plus) between the three of us.. The best part was when you nailed one on like your fourth cast in Oregon waters on a lure!! The other cool part was having two hookup and landed exact same time, thanks for grabbing that pole and bringing her in!!

Really shoulda took more pics just wasn't feeling the photography thing the past few days, too busy fishin!!

Sweet man! Good work outta you. Yeah, I always cut the heads off my trout too. I stuff them with some chopped onion, butter, minced garlic and some lemon slices and fresh parsley. Then wrap them in foil and out on the grill they go. Oh man, my mouth is watering.

Same ol'

Same ol'

Sweet man! Good work outta you. Yeah, I always cut the heads off my trout too. I stuff them with some chopped onion, butter, minced garlic and some lemon slices and fresh parsley. Then wrap them in foil and out on the grill they go. Oh man, my mouth is watering.

I COOK MY TROUT THE SAME WAY MINUS THE PARSLEY! I ALSO ADD A LITTLE BUTTER! I ALSO COOKED MY FIRST STEELY IN THE SAME MANNER! JUST WISH I COULD CATCH ANOTHER STEELY! IM BEGINNING TO THINK IT WAS A FLUKE! NEXT TIME I WILL ADD PARSLEY AND SEE IF I LIKE IT! MMMMM MMMMM MMMMMM! :cool:

Congrats...

Congrats...

I got to go FISHING YAY!!!! AND NOT SKUNKED!

Right on, you were closer to the water than I was. Trout taste pretty good after you catch and clean one for the first time. You should make this a permanent thing, catching fish like that your a natural:cool:
Tight lines...

Chuck

Who needs heads?

Who needs heads?

Good job Dude! I never cut the heads off unless it's an accident. When I fry them up I know the fish is done when the eyes turn white.

I never keep the heads on, They don't fit the pan!:lol:+

Try going to Home Depot and getting a cedar fence board, cut it into lengths that fit the BBQ. Soak them under water overnight so they are completely saturated. Place a layer of tin foil under the board and place fish on top with whatever seasoning you like, place a tent of foil over fish and cook with the lid on the BBQ until done. Best tasting fish you will ever have... Works for any size trout or salmonoid.

Keep up the good work!!!

GD

I never keep the heads on, They don't fit the pan!:lol:+

Try going to Home Depot and getting a cedar fence board, cut it into lengths that fit the BBQ. Soak them under water overnight so they are completely saturated. Place a layer of tin foil under the board and place fish on top with whatever seasoning you like, place a tent of foil over fish and cook with the lid on the BBQ until done. Best tasting fish you will ever have... Works for any size trout or salmonoid.

Keep up the good work!!!

GD

Hey GD, this is also the best way to cook carp but after it's done throw the carp away and eat the fence board.:lol:

Top Bottom