I feel kinda dirty...

C
ChezJfrey
Snuck out for lunch today and went 1 for 2...but on a float/jig! Didn't even toss a piece of hardware today. First fish on jigs...and it only took about 50 minutes to hook two of them. The one I lost was banked, in my hand when it slipped free. The leader was inadvertently wrapped around my arm and snapped at the jig since the free end was shorter than the distance the fish fell to the ground. The fish bounced around on the rocks, I tried to grab the slippery thing, but it eventually found its way back to the water.

So I feel kinda weird about the jig/float thing...just feels wrong ;) And I also think I have some sort of sickness with this sneaking out for a couple hours at noon, but that's whole 'nother story.

2013-03-13_11-32-51_131.jpg

F
fishing_mission
Beautiful fish right there!

1 nut in the water
Nothing wrong with this addiction except the fact that you abandoned the hardware for a jig- thats just wrong!!
Consider yourself lucky to be to be able to relieve you anxiety on an extended lunch break.....

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
beauty!

C
ChezJfrey
OK, now that I have more time...funny story about the first fish.

When I was walking up to the river, I spotted a guy swinging a fly through a riffle. This riffle empties into a nice slot, with a good seam for a float/jig; I wanted to fish that. But, as I got nearer, the fly guy was further down the riffle, and swinging through the area I wanted to start fishing. Thinking he was going to fish further down, through the whole thing, I figured I should ask his intentions because I didn't want to fish below him if he was planning to keep working down.

I crept up near him, crouched down and asked if he was going to keep working downward because I didn't want to low-hole him. He told me that he had gotten a take further up and was thinking about going back to the top and try again. I said I had gotten a native out of the spot he was currently fishing, and that I'd seen some hatchery taken all through the general area both up/down a good ways from where we now sat in the last few times out. He reiterated that I could fish this spot and he was going back up. OK.

Within 10 minutes, I have a fish on and he's upriver eyeballing me while I fight the fish...I'm sure he had a bit of misgiving about consenting at that point, LOL

Told that to another guy that happened along after I lost fish #2 and he got a good laugh out of that story :)

No worries though...lots of fish right now, he'll get one.

Y
Yogidabear
Nice fish, why do you feel weird about the bobber and jig ? It's been good to me.

C
ChezJfrey
Just being a little funny...I am pretty much known for only throwing spoons/spinners.

E
eugene1
ChezJfrey said:
Snuck out for lunch today .... And I also think I have some sort of sickness with this sneaking out for a couple hours at noon, but that's whole 'nother story.

Nice going on 1) the legit low holing and 2) getting out during work! If you're not careful you'll be fishing all day instead of working and then you'll have to change careers since fishing is getting in the way of work!

Best,

hobster
hobster
nice fish! chromer

F
Fish-N-Chips
Chromer dude!!! How do you like that rod? Good action huh? Mine works great!

C
ChezJfrey
Fish-N-Chips said:
Chromer dude!!! How do you like that rod? Good action huh? Mine works great!

Yeah, I like it for float...I got the Michigan-style handle so the balance is closer to the butt end, which gives a bit more height to mend and keep the line off the water. Works great.

R
rippin fish lips
Now that is a late run chromer! Nice fish! Bobber n jig huhhhhh. Good work!