I can't believe Cedar Creek what a @?@? hole

T
towne821
I was born and raised in Sandy and I have never fished Cedar Creek.. Until yesterday.

OK. Here we go.....

I will never go down there AGAIN!!!

People fishing well before day light! :naughty:

False hooking left and right! :naughty:

I saw a guy with a 10ft leader! :naughty:

Most of the Snagger/Flosser fisher people down there are ruining a good place. I saw people literally 2 feet apart and all where snagging/flossing :naughty: with a few people floating bobber.

I walked some distance down river and found a nice little belly in the river all to myself. I hooked up on my first Coho but lost it. :(

Most all the guys down river where actually fishermen.

I'm a newbi and I felt like one of the better fisherman down there, the fish actually hit my bait!

I'm new to salmon fishing and now I understand all of your frustration.

I've been lake fishing my whole life and have never seen such a poor sight.

Where are the ODFW game wardens at?

There are a lot better holes on the Sandy that are going to get my hard work

and dedication.

This is just my $.02 and I'm sorry if I offended anybody, but if I did, CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF! STOP YOUR SNAGGING/FLOSSING! AND STOP GIVING US A BAD NAME!!!!!!
 
Last edited:
F
Fishtopher
Id suggest not fishing Cedar Creek during Coho season. This time of year, I think Gamies/Staters have more important things to do than giving out tickets for flossing hatchery Coho, hopping from hole to hole checkin leaders. Theres far more important game violations being committed up in the woods by hunters IMO. Sorry you had a poor experience.:)
 
T
towne821
I had an OK expeirence down river:). It's just it was real sad to see the sport turned into a fish market.

I guess certain people have a different idea of what fishing is.

I hear it all the time " it's called fishing not catching"

I love the anticipation of hoping I have my presentation correct.

I hope my knot tying skills are good.

These are a few things that make landing a fish that much more exciting!

IMHO.

Also I do agree with you, the ODFW probably has a lot on there plate right now with hunting season upon us.
 
Last edited:
J
jadedbat
I like the bitterness !!! :) The whole river contains coho. They are just harder to get. I choose to hunt rather than be given.. wooo thats deep!!
 
F
Fishtopher
I agree with all you have to say. Fishing for Coho in fresh water is a whole different beast though:).

You gonna try and get after 'em again somewhere else? If youre anything like me, you walked all that way, had one bobber down, missed 'em, and now you want to catch one even more;)!
 
M
metalfisher76
Cedar sucks. I went 1 time too.
The hunt is just as fun to me. AND WAY MORE REWARDING! IMHO
 
I
imfishing
I have Pictures...

I have Pictures...

I have some photographs of the "Slaughter Hole" down from cedar creek on the upper Sandy.

They were even "Flagging"... oh I mean "Snossing" when I was there.

There are volunteer Fire-Fighters, Police Officers, and Armed Forces, Jury People, Guardian Angles, and Border Guards. [Thank You All For Your Service!]

Maybe "They" should set up a Volunteer Fish and Game Brigade.

Something like:
"The Flosser Fighters", "People Fighting for those that can't fight for them selves." or something like that...I don't know.

Do any of you illegal flosser people read this forum at all? For Shame...for Shame. come to think of it...Where does it say [FLOSSING IS UNLAWFUL AND A CRIME AGAINST THE FISH AND FISHING]? Can anyone tell me where it says it at in the ODF regs?

Or.. Do people not like it because it results in the unlawful snagging and retention of game fish which is against the law.
 
T
Troutier Bassier
Im Sure Flossers read this. They Know how to Catch Salmon without Flossing them, Its just they think Salmon dont bite after they move into fresh water.so they Floss them.
 
M
Mike123
Fishtopher said:
Id suggest not fishing Cedar Creek during Coho season. This time of year, I think Gamies/Staters have more important things to do than giving out tickets for flossing hatchery Coho, hopping from hole to hole checkin leaders. Theres far more important game violations being committed up in the woods by hunters IMO. Sorry you had a poor experience.:)

Completely disagree. Oh well. :rolleyes:
 
F
Fishtopher
Have we agreed on anything since you joined the forum?

Why should a hatchery fish take priority over Elk, Deer, upland birds, or any other animal in season right now?
My opinion is hatchery fish are kind of expendable. Ya know, ODFW can plant Coho 'till the moon turns blue. can't say the same for Elk or any other animal.

Take away all the Coho flossers and dont let em fish again, ODFW would lose a ton of revenue. Take away all the poachers, and theres no more poachers. My vote is for poachers.
 
Last edited:
F
FishSchooler
Fishtopher said:
Take away all the Coho flossers and dont let em fish again, ODFW would lose a ton of revenue. Take away all the poachers, and theres no more poachers.


That doesn't mean you shouldnt not want them to be there.
I thought you loved Cedar Creek Chris...
 
B
bigdog
FishSchooler said:
That doesn't mean you shouldnt not want them to be there.
I thought you loved Cedar Creek Chris...

He never said anything about not liking cedar creek.

The way I'm seeing it more and more people are so worried abot how someone eles is fishing it makes me wonder where they are getting the time to fish themselfs.

Yeah if I see someone with a treble hook and a heavy @$$ lead at the end of the line I'm going to say something and try to do something that is flat out snagging. I do believe there is a law to how long the leader can be on the end of your rigging but don't think there is any rules on flossing just rules on where the fish has to be hooked. I think for most people it is seeming to be more a ethical belief of what they think is right or wrong.

People fish in different ways and I'm sure that the people that are what everyone is calling "Flossing" I'm sure for the most of them that is how they were taught to fish and the person before them taught them to fish that way. It's not something new here it's been around for years and will be around for more.

Ok I'm going to stop going on the suject for now people lets just get out there fish and enjoy it. Don't worry about the person next to you so much and worry about what you are doing FISHING.

Good luck all and remember have fun out there.
 
Last edited:
F
Fishtopher
In my opinion, flossers can yank and wank all they want, as long as they are not keeping foul hooked fish, and not keeping any native fish. The more I fish for Coho around here, the more I think most, not all, but a good percentage that are caught drifting are flossed anyways. Whether intentional or not.

People intentionally snagging salmon is a whole nother thing. I think most snaggers are poachers anyways. Theyre the ones I could give two shakes about.

Cedar Creek is great. For Coho fishing. I've met good friends there, learned a lot from people fishing there, whether its what NOT to do, or what to do. I think more of what NOT to do. Caught some fish there and all, but it has its time and place in my "fishing rotation". There are spots below and above it that are just as productive, but less entertaining.
 
B
bigdog
Fishtopher said:
In my opinion, flossers can yank and wank all they want, as long as they are not keeping foul hooked fish, and not keeping any native fish. The more I fish for Coho around here, the more I think most, not all, but a good percentage that are caught drifting are flossed anyways. Whether intentional or not.

People intentionally snagging salmon is a whole nother thing. I think most snaggers are poachers anyways. Theyre the ones I could give two shakes about.

Cedar Creek is great. For Coho fishing. I've met good friends there, learned a lot from people fishing there, whether its what NOT to do, or what to do. I think more of what NOT to do. Caught some fish there and all, but it has its time and place in my "fishing rotation". There are spots below and above it that are just as productive, but less entertaining.

Took the thoughts right out of my head bro.
 
M
Mike123
Fishtopher said:
Have we agreed on anything since you joined the forum?

Why should a hatchery fish take priority over Elk, Deer, upland birds, or any other animal in season right now?
My opinion is hatchery fish are kind of expendable. Ya know, ODFW can plant Coho 'till the moon turns blue. can't say the same for Elk or any other animal.

Take away all the Coho flossers and dont let em fish again, ODFW would lose a ton of revenue. Take away all the poachers, and theres no more poachers. My vote is for poachers.

Didn't know there were that many disagreements? Are you mad cause I made fun of corkies? :lol::lol::lol:

I'm not saying that game violations are less important than fish violations but I still don't think OSP should let snaggers run free and do what they want.
Who says your taking the fisherman away? I'm sure after just a few of them got tickets for snagging/flossing/keeping snagged fish that a LOT of them would learn and maybe start fishing the right way. I don't think they would QUIT fishing and NOT buy fishing licenses just from getting a ticket.. :rolleyes:
I just hate good pieces of water that get over taken by snaggers when legitimate fisherman could be harvesting fish legally. Makes it hard to find good spots to fish if you don't like fishing with the toothless crowds.
If it's just people fishing long leaders there then no it's not worth it.. but if there's a lot of SNAGGING going down, then ya it is worth a visit from an OSP officer.
 
Last edited:
H
Hook
Mike123 said:
Didn't know there were that many disagreements? Are you mad cause I made fun of corkies? :lol::lol::lol:

I'm not saying that game violations are less important than fish violations but I still don't think OSP should let snaggers run free and do what they want.
Who says your taking the fisherman away? I'm sure after just a few of them got tickets for snagging/flossing/keeping snagged fish that a LOT of them would learn and maybe start fishing the right way. I don't think they would QUIT fishing and NOT buy fishing licenses just from getting a ticket.. :rolleyes:
I just hate good pieces of water that get over taken by snaggers when legitimate fisherman could be harvesting fish legally. Makes it hard to find good spots to fish if you don't like fishing with the toothless crowds.
If it's just people fishing long leaders there then no it's not worth it.. but if there's a lot of SNAGGING going down, then ya it is worth a visit from an OSP officer.


Trust me OSP is watching!
 
T
Troutier Bassier
If a Fish comes in Head First and is Kept, OSP Dosent Care. If it comes in Stomach First and you keep it. They will do something about it.
I heard they Hide in the Bushes on the Other Side with Binoculars and wacth you.
 
M
Mike123
Troutier Bassier said:
If a Fish comes in Head First and is Kept, OSP Dosent Care. If it comes in Stomach First and you keep it. They will do something about it.
I heard they Hide in the Bushes on the Other Side with Binoculars and wacth you.

I have seen them on the Alsea in FULL CAMO hiding in the bushes! They have a tough job... props to them. I wish there were more game wardens instead of local po po that just want to write speeding tickets. :cool:
 
F
FishSchooler
Mike123 said:
I have seen them on the Alsea in FULL CAMO hiding in the bushes! They have a tough job... props to them. I wish there were more game wardens instead of local po po that just want to write speeding tickets. :cool:

Not very good full camo if you can see it;)
 
F
Fishtopher
Mike123 said:
Didn't know there were that many disagreements? Are you mad cause I made fun of corkies? :lol::lol::lol:

No I'm just hurt:(.
Mike123 said:
Who says your taking the fisherman away? I'm sure after just a few of them got tickets for snagging/flossing/keeping snagged fish that a LOT of them would learn and maybe start fishing the right way. I don't think they would QUIT fishing and NOT buy fishing licenses just from getting a ticket.. :rolleyes:
I must not be well typed enough to get my example across clearly. :think:And can I just have that little %&*#er rolling his eyes to be choked out and tossed under a TRI-MET?!

Mike123 said:
I just hate good pieces of water that get over taken by snaggers when legitimate fisherman could be harvesting fish legally. Makes it hard to find good spots to fish if you don't like fishing with the toothless crowds.
Quite a few of the members up here are missing one or more of thier front teeth man. Just stereo typical snagger meth head stuff?<insert stupid rolling eyes smilie here>

Mike123 said:
If it's just people fishing long leaders there then no it's not worth it.. but if there's a lot of SNAGGING going down, then ya it is worth a visit from an OSP officer.
I'll be damned. Something to be agreed upon:).
 

Similar threads

RiverWalker
Replies
16
Views
920
RiverWalker
RiverWalker
R
Replies
10
Views
735
Grant22
Grant22
H
Replies
9
Views
1K
Fishpdx
F
O. mykiss
Replies
53
Views
2K
gfisher2003
G
1
Replies
9
Views
715
Barracudaville Charters
B
Top Bottom