Hunting unit fishing?

brandon4455
i will be going with my grandpa and dad to a few differen units on starker forest land for deer soon and was wondering if there are any fishing opportunities in the area for trout? i see a lot of creeks and stuff on maps, tribs on the mary's im guessing? wanting to know if they are open and are worth a try? and if there is any access to the upper mary's river. any input is appriciated

H
halibuthitman
Brandon it really isn't that good of an idea to creek fish in heavy hunted units during the season, if you do please wear plenty of hunter orange.

R
RunWithSasquatch

What permits did you get Brandon? Starker only lets you get 3 permits per season, so it would depend on which permits you got. Ive hunted a lot of there units, and have never really noticed and special fishing locations except a few isolated small ponds... maybe PM me some specific locations, I might know more. I dont think theres many stream fishing opportunities.

brandon4455
Brandon it really isn't that good of an idea to creek fish in heavy hunted units during the season, if you do please wear plenty of hunter orange.

i have an orange vest i wont go without in the area

brandon4455

we have the upper mary's river tree farm, got one off cffin butte road by the dump and theres a little creek there, and theres als a few small reservoirs on the maps. ill have to get back to you when i can get the rest of the names from the maps.