Huddleston Pond

T
TXTransplant
I'll have to try and give that a shot. I have mostly been trying various power baits. Had been told that was the way to go out there.

Am starting to see that pond fishing out thisaway is lots different than going after cats and bass and such down south. Even lots different than mountain streams growing up in Montana. Was never much for the artificial baits like seem to be the ticket here.

I'll get it - just a bit of a learning curve.

troutdude
troutdude
Just having the understanding that you've come to...is a huge step in the right direction. You'll get it figured out.

The main trick w/ Power Bait (or Power Eggs which are way better), is to always carry multiple colors. Sometimes the fish are VERY picky and will only hit one color on a given day. Chartruese is really catching the majority of fish, so far, in my 8 trips out (and from many of the reports that I've read on here). Lemon/Lime, Bubble Gum (Pink and white), Orange and plain White are also good colors.

And, if you're using split shot for weight...DON'T. Use a sliding barrel sinker instead. The reason? If fish hit a bait with split shot attached...they feel the weight and drop it. But, with a sliding sinker...the line slides as the fish hits the bait. They do NOT feel the weight and will then keep hitting the bait until you can set the hook.

There's more about this strategy on some other threads too. Just search for "power eggs", "sliding sinkers", etc.

Good luck and welcome to OFF!

F
fishtales
Does anyone know if the pond was stocked recently. I heards that the Sheridan ponds were. Thanks

F
Fliegenfischer
Yes, it was "stocked on Monday, Dec. 3 with 45 rainbow trout weighing from 7-15 pounds." http://www.dfw.state.or.us/RR/willamette/

F
fishtales
Fliegenfischer said:
Yes, it was "stocked on Monday, Dec. 3 with 45 rainbow trout weighing from 7-15 pounds." http://www.dfw.state.or.us/RR/willamette/

Kool! Thanks,

T
troutmasta
didn't they re-build a bunch of the bank there?

F
fishtales
I don't know man.

T
troutmasta
well you'll have to let us know when you go catch a brooder

F
fishtales
I went late morning but no dice. I heard from a guy that knows a a guy who was there when it was stocked. He says they stocked it with 92 brooders.

R
rippin fish lips
Knd custom tackle sprocket Spinners #3 Size. WILL catch them and you will get a lot of followers. I havent fished there but i do know these spinners work very well FOR Hatchery trout. Not just Hatchery trout but any fish out there. If you spinner/spoon fish for trout (planters), Get some.

At Alton baker pond and Juction city pond i had everyone Switchin up from bait and they started casting spinners/spoons with good success. But for every fish they caught, I caught 2, Not to mention i get bit on every cast.

But other then that.. Up above Post a pic of your brooder if you catch one!

IMG_0022.jpg

T
troutmasta
Thats a nice fish. Those things are soooo much fun on trout tackle! Nice Job.

R
rippin fish lips
troutmasta said:
Thats a nice fish. Those things are soooo much fun on trout tackle! Nice Job.

I am just tryin to get ppl that are fishing ponds/lakes for Hatchery trout to st art lookin at these spinners for an alternative. Seriously.... You will out fish a lot of people and be astonished of the amount of followers you have.

F
fishtales
rippin fish lips said:
Knd custom tackle sprocket Spinners #3 Size. WILL catch them and you will get a lot of followers. I havent fished there but i do know these spinners work very well FOR Hatchery trout. Not just Hatchery trout but any fish out there. If you spinner/spoon fish for trout (planters), Get some.

At Alton baker pond and Juction city pond i had everyone Switchin up from bait and they started casting spinners/spoons with good success. But for every fish they caught, I caught 2, Not to mention i get bit on every cast.

But other then that.. Up above Post a pic of your brooder if you catch one!

IMG_0022.jpg

How do I get one of those spinners? I might head back out this comming weekend. There is so much vegitation on the bottom I think spinners are way to go.