How about some fishing reports?

E
eggs
Fished the Sandy today at Oxbow and Dodge area... no fish to be seen for me.. it was low and gin... a buddy of mine caught 2 hatchery steelies just downriver of Revenue bridge today on the Sandy said they were 8 and 5 pounders! That is all..

N
nimzrock
I fished the lower molalla today from 9 to 1 above Goods bridge. First time out in 20+ years . New neoprenes and korkers. Water looked good and flowing nice. Forgot the felt soles at home , had touble wading against the current and fell down , water up over and into the waders. Two hours later I was bouncing a coky and orange yarn with crawdad juice and wham! Nice big steely made a big run down stream ,almost spooled me, loaded up the rod then broke the mainline knot at the swivel. Im damp, I can't get traction, I lost a great fish.....
And I had a ball!!!!!!!!!!!!

S
steelhead1
siletz double

siletz double

we landed two wild steelies today in the gorge,both took jigs,both released

Last edited by a moderator:
D
Damon79
report from the Siuslaw

report from the Siuslaw

My son went fishing today with his papa and had a great time. They hooked three and landed two of them. One clipped buck about 6#'s and a nice native buck about 9#'s. They fished from Whitaker to Wildcat... Hope to get back out myself soon. Maybe the wife and I will go next weekend if the water levels cooperate..

P
plumb2fish
Friend caught a couple hens @ the zoo that is Whittaker today. I headed over the hill and fought with a couple nates(they won). Hoping the river doesn't come up too much tonight as I plan on trying to tangle with a couple more nates tomorrow....I hooked a hen today that was platinum bright 36"+ looked like a football.I estimate @ least 16#. By far the biggest hen I have had on the end of my line in Oregon. She absolutely demolished a 2/5 oz. silver/copper BC Spoon. I was fishing w/a barbless siwash attached with a swivel and split ring and when I finally got her to my feet she stood on her tail and that lure barely missed hooking my ear. Had another about rip the rod out of my hand drifting sand shrimp. I need to work on keeping tension on the fish at all times when fishing barbless...

Last edited:
M
mgdguy
steelhead1 said:

Nice fish! I love your dog's look - "I WANT THAT" :lol:

F
Fishtopher
Walked Meldrum Bar, and above at the Bulkhead and saw no action, and from all the guys I talked to, no one had seen a fish caught all day(much less all month so far). So I went to Fishermans and picked up a few "Lucky Charm" colored Brad's Cut Plugs instead of fishin'.

B
bigsteel
steelhead1 said:

:cool::cool:doggy is your good luck charm

R
rockmonkey
was at the siuslaw today near whittaker. I only caught some trees and rocks, but saw a guy pulling a 30+" fish onto his boat as we watched from the road. It was nice and plump too. Saw one smaller steelie jump near me, but i was busy re-rigging after one of 5 or 6 snags today. No luck for me, probably will try again tuesday.

K
Kenjamin
Share the wealth

Share the wealth

Newbie to this site here. Hey guys and gals. Finding this site very informative and it looks like I have a lot of traveling to do. Got the itch, just need to sharpen the hook as they say. Thanks to all that spend the time helping out the masses

O
Oncorhynchus
Hit the wilson today it was cold lowish and clear fish are spread through out the system we nailed one drifting sand shrimp and missed a bobber and jig take but it took some work to get into them.

L
livin2fish
We live in elmira and are going tomorrow we'll let you know how we do,p.m. me and let me know who you are,I might know ya, my wife loves to fish as well.

FISHON

B
bigsteel
nice catch cohosanders:cool:

F
Fishtopher
:confused:Skunked out yesterday on the lower Clack, drifting eggs and tossin hardware. Saw one fish get packed out right when I showed up (10:15am:lol:).

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Gotta move 'em all...

Gotta move 'em all...

Okay,now that the need for fishing reports has been met,you all need to go back to posting in the proper areas. I have to start moving or deleting the posts to the right thread. You can save me and the other mods a lot of work by going back to the old way. Please?! :pray: :D