How about some fishing reports?

T
troutmasta
Damon79 said:
I fished the Sandy on Saturday with no good results. Heard of four natives caught above Oxbow park. Then went and fished the Clack on Sunday and again found nothing more than a giant 'skunk'. I had never fished either river before, but really enjoyed both days. Learned a lot. Fished Oxbow on the Sandy and Barton on the Clack. Very nice rivers, both of them.

Fished the clack today. Hit EVERY spot from carver to mciver saw one fish taken all day on a white jig hook with a pink power bait worm. Saw lots of black and white skunks though.

S
SeaRay
So... The Clak. is putten out for those willing to put in the time(LOL),must be a little early yet?
Did anyone else notice the strange dip in flow on the Clak. on the 30th?
https://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?14209500Is that normal?

I was on the Wilson last thursday the water was low and clear for this time of year.I fished several holes from MM-28 down to MM-14. cought and released 1 searun cuthrought nothing else for me,talked to 2 other fishers, nothing for them either.Not much presure up there,don't know about lower. End of January too early!! Wow things have changed over the years?
Thanks all

R
rainman
Fished the Willy near Salem 8 days running, at least 4 hours each time, and only got 1 nate. Saw another guy go 1/2, but that's pretty much been it.
More than 1900 over the falls, as of 1-31, but it's still early in the run. Hoping my luck will change soon.

L
livin2fish
TTFishon said:
Well, I went out yesterday morning after work. Didn't get a single hit. The water looked really good and I didn't see one person except for a stater doing his job. Found some killer agates, quartz, and jasper on my trek along the river and found some potential plunking holes for when the fish arrive. I say arrive because I was fishing the Santiam but I don't care because I was getting out and fishing. I tried spoons and spinners and next time I will have more in my arsenal. Went to use the bathroom when I left and saw my oldest brother, which is kind of weird. Haven't seen him in about two years. Said hey how's it going and that was about it. Then went home.
Hey tt.do you fish the santiam much? A local salem buddy of mine told me some friends of his were doin' really well already. He hasn't gotten his tags yet so he hasn't been able to go but what do you know?

FISHON

T
TTFishon
livin2fish said:
Hey tt.do you fish the santiam much? A local salem buddy of mine told me some friends of his were doin' really well already. He hasn't gotten his tags yet so he hasn't been able to go but what do you know?

FISHON

No. That was my third time on the Santiam and my second time at that spot. I did go check the river up at the Jefferson ramp and saw four trucks parked with empty trailers. I plan on fishing there at least once a week now after work. I'll try and keep you guys up to date.:)

H
Herefishyfishy
Hit the Sandy at cedar Creek Saturday and Sunday. Saw 5 fish landed on saturday and none on sunday.

S
slimyguts
Fished the Necannium yesterday afternoon.

Saw one guy carrying one (small one). Saw 4 in a hole from a bridge. Hooked into one of them with just a plain old worm but he wrapped me in some debris and broke off. On my way to go round two.

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
JeannaJigs said:
different strokes for different folks. It's not about meat on the table for me and it's lot less expensive to pick up a wild caught steelhead at newman's than gassing up my vehicle and hauling my boat somewhere and ya know what, I've never noticed and discernible difference between a fish bought at newmans and one caught in a river. If I was given the choice, I'd be perfectly content catch and releasing natives for the rest of my life, than chasing after lazy hatchery fish. That adipose makes 'em fight harder I'm convinced. Now don't get me wrong, I'll tag a hatchery fish if oppurtunity arises, but that's not what I am seeking to get out of fishing, it's about more than that for me, and I know I'm not alone on that.
Couldnt have said it better . For some people , its all about taking . For others , its all about gettin out . I tag every planter . But I would rather catch naturals all day for ever . Even if Im not catchin , I am still out , in the sun , the rain , the freakin snow . Dont matter , I just dig bein out on the water . I need to be out on the water , near it , floatin it , wading it . A fish is a bonus , be it a planter or a natural .

G
ghostcow
Fished up at McIver today, no luck here, but still learning the Park so did a fair amount of wandering through the briers. Tried jigs/float, drifted fake eggs and yarn and pink worms, and tried spinners but no hits. But I did see some trout rising and taking surface insects, i had three rods and all I could think of is I wish I had my Fly rod. Great day, so ready for spring!

S
SeaRay
ghostcow said:
still learning so did a fair amount of wandering through the briers.!

Sounds like me lately,trying new ground.Good luck

S
steelhead1
hooked six,landed four,kept two on the upper alsea today.JIGS baby yeah.pink pink pink:D

G
ghostcow
Steelhead1, Nice, Nice, Nice, but where are the pics!

S
steelhead1
oops

oops

heres the keepers

Last edited by a moderator:
G
ghostcow
Ahh, much better now. I'm jealous but motivated for the weekend, thanks for the report.

C
Cohosanders
Holy Shnikeys sounds like a great day good job:D

H
halibuthitman
sweet...thats a lot of action!:dance:

A
azntechi3206
I finally bought my fishing license and tag this on Monday and went fishing out on Tuesday the 3rd of feb. I wasn’t sure where to go but I been wanted to try eagle creek hatchery for a while so that’s where I end up going. I fished couple of place along the way but nothing. The creek is so shallow and small its hard to fished since theres only couple of good holes here and there so I decided to head up to the hatchery, this is my first time at eagle creek. The walk to the creek was intense it reminds me of cedar creek its probably the same distance, a mile or so. There’s hardly anywhere to fish not to mention private property everywhere. Fished couple of hours no luck so I decided to take off and end my day at that.

F
fishfinatic
siuslaw report

siuslaw report

just an average joe here:) lately i have been on a hot streak on the siuslaw. today i got off work and drove there to whittaker and was pretty close to the only person there. i caught my limit in about 2 hours. i fished with row and a bober at various depths. that river is full of fish. the concept is to put the row right in front of them cause the water is darker from rain so persistance is key. i was fishing across from where the creek comes in and saw two caught same spot and several were rolling. i put a split shot about 12 inches above my hook but just a small one you want a natural drift. if you can find the right depth you will get a fish. i know what your going through i have been spending a lot of money. you ever want to meet there and take a risk of learning from a joe i could prolly help ya out. i got saturday free and am going anyways so just let me know

S
SeaRay
azntechi3206 said:
I decided to head up to the hatchery, this is my first time at eagle creek. The walk to the creek was intense it reminds me of cedar creek its probably the same distance, a mile or so. There’s hardly anywhere to fish not to mention private property everywhere. Fished couple of hours no luck so I decided to take off and end my day at that.
I hear it can be hot fishing if you hit it right, I missed the fish also.
That pretty much sums up my experiance there also.I waited a little to long to head out,quit the hike (old leggs) pretty dark when I got back to the rig.I'm sure there was a cougar or bear folloing me up the trail:pray: LOL. Not really

A
alm21
Lower Clackamas

Lower Clackamas

I hit the lower Clackamas yesterday from 3p-dark. Went under the I-205 bridge and floated eggs off the gravel beach. I only saw two other people fishing. No steelhead but caught this monster Rainbow. :D

HighRocks02-05-10.jpg