Hittin' the Wilson Wednesday

B
Big3d
I'm planning on hittin highway 6 tomorrow, I was wondering if the area by the footbridge trailhead would possibly have any nooks? I have trout fished the wilson but never salmon fished on it before, any input would help greatly, and hopefully i'll have a nice pic or 2 to show off tomorrow night!

Thanks in advance,

Big3d

F
Fish-N-Chips
Yeah I was there today and lost a monster in that same area your speaking of. Sand Shrimp and corky. We started off a mills today and there were your typical idiot snaggers who hooked a few fish that went ape sh*t and broke em off. My buddy missed one bobber down and then we each caught a trout upstream. "THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY" definitely applies to today's battle broke OFF my 50lb. braid. Have a good time out there Big3d. I would definitely go between drifting and fishing under a bobber. Sand shrimp and eggs or a combo of both. Good Luck.

T
troutmasta
I fished mills bridge with only corkies and yarn all weekend. hooked over 20 fish IN the Kisser. The fish there will BITE the corkie. You dont need bait right now. check your pm.

Last edited:
B
Big3d
Thanks a bunch, i wasn't sure if it was too high, I'venever seen that river this time of year. I do appreciate the tips and i look forward to a great day on the water like you had, congrats on the trout Fish-n-chips hope you land some fatties out there too, i have 35 lb main and 20 lb leader, hopefully i can finesse a few in. Thanks for all the great info! Congrats on the killer weekend troutmaster, your post inspired this trip in the first place!

T
troutmasta
I might head down after I get out of school. Maybe Ill see you there. Good luck!

B
Big3d
Good luck to you as well, perhaps we will run into you, thanks for the pm, tried to thank you before but your inbox was full

L
LawyerBob
Think they chinook will still be any good this weekend? Last Saturday I saw a few chrome brought in at Mills Bridge. Only saw a few darker ones while drifting South of it.

Edit: looks like rain Sat/Sunday and much of the following week--yuck.

Last edited:
G
Goodtimes
What's the word? Any luck out there today?

R
rippin fish lips
LawyerBob said:
Edit: looks like rain Sat/Sunday and much of the following week--yuck.

Rain is good! we need it.

B
Big3d
Nothin for me yesterday :( worked mills bridge up to the forks and only spotted 4 total fish, no bites, even tried climbing hills and streams to get to spots with little to no access. Next trip hopefully!