Hills Creek Reservoir

U
Utahutes
Thinking going this week end. Anybody know lf it has been stocked. Been their once any suggestion for a bank fisherman thinking the upper end. Where a creek comes into resorvoir.

troutdude
troutdude
I'd be surprised if anyone knows whether it's been stocked or not. As ODFW still isn't posting stocking schedules. But maybe someone has seen the truck dump some in?

copperjohn
copperjohn
I heard a report that It was stocked with 3,200 legal sized trout last week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clbagshaw and Troutski
Troutski
Troutski
Hills Creek has a great hold over population, the Trout are holding and moving up the middle fork arm in back of the res. Find the coldest part of that area and cast into the warmer water...
Check the regs on usage of bait in these areas. I use spoons and spinners with a hint of shrimp oil.

Chuck

Reactions: Utahutes
Oldhammer
Oldhammer
I was up there last weekend and caught 6 rainbow all over 15inches. Trolling with a little Cleo.

Reactions: Kfreese91 and Troutski
Oldhammer
Oldhammer
Fishing was smokin' hot last weekend in the Packard Arm. 2 hours of trolling = 10+ feisty bows. I kept 5.

• IMG_8360D.JPG
Reactions: Troutski and Vintageflyguy
Troutski
Troutski
Oldhammer said:
Fishing was smokin' hot last weekend in the Packard Arm. 2 hours of trolling = 10+ feisty bows. I kept 5.
I am so glad you are fishing up there, it is a hidden gen of the Willamette River.

Tight lines (seems like you took it seriously)

Chuck

Reactions: Oldhammer