Have you ever...

S
Snappleninja
So I was thinking about my fishing experiences as a child and young man. I remember fishing the potholes in eastern Washington in my youth with my dad and his friend. My dad's friend got bite and he set the hook and boke his line in the process. Well long story short I got a bite not 10 minutes later and landed a nice rainbow trout. It had a gold hook with some line, split shot, and swivel still in it's mouth. I jokingly asked if it was his as it turned out it was lol. I still get a chuckle out of thinking about it every once and a while. Does anybody have any head scratchers like that they care to share?

G
grampa ron
I hooked an 11lb Chinook by catching the swivel that was hanging on the line that someone else had broke.

M
montym
My wife once grabbed a nice trout out of lost lake while boating, the fish was struggling with a few feet of leader out of its mouth....

P
playhooky
While fishing a lake in the Colorado Rockies years ago I hooked something really heavy that didn't have a lot of action to it but was resisting. Seemed really strange and took awhile to get it to the surface on the light gear I was using. I had hooked into somebody's stringer that got away from em earlier. Trippy.......nothing like a one cast limit of trout! You just never know what a day of fishing will bring you. Quick limit and a free stringer for me that day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

S
sapo
I was winter steelheading on the Wilson a few years back, and there was a nice 20# steelhead which I had previously hooked on a spinner, and the spinner was still stuck in its mouth. I tied on a little trout spinner, and was reeling it past the fishes mouth when it moved forward a bit and my hook hooked onto the small part of the hook sticking out of the fishes mouth! Was crazy. Of course I lost it, but was fun.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I caught a trout last year and upon cleaning it, noticed a foot or so of very light leader coming out of its exit hole and sure enough, inside was a tiny gold egg hook that got caught passing through...

P
playhooky
rogerdodger said:
I caught a trout last year and upon cleaning it, noticed a foot or so of very light leader coming out of its exit hole and sure enough, inside was a tiny gold egg hook that got caught passing through...

WHOA..... Now that's what I call the whole Mary Ann.....HOOK, LINE & SPHINCTER !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: rogerdodger
F
flocaster
Last August I was trout fishing with a friend and they hooked a fish and started coming my way so I began reeling in my gear. About 25 feet from the bank her fish came unhooked, saw my gear on its way in about 10 feet away and went full steam after...it hooking its self in the process! The water was so clear we both watched the whole thing happen and could only look at each other laughing. On a different occasion I was drifting for salmon on the Rogue and managed to put my hook through the swivel eye on one of the big, fixed rig Spin-N-Glos that was completely INSIDE a 20lb+ salmons mouth. Best I could figure he took my gear and that's where the hook point decided to go when i set it lol

B
billfisher
:D good one playhookey

O
OrygunSon
Last year, I managed to catch a fishing pole, my buddy caught a trout via the Grampa Ron method, and actually had to cut my line after a long cast and caught a trout while hand retrieving my line. It was kinda a crazy summer. Years ago, I caught a red-side on the Deschutes that I had previously lost and was able to retrieve my lost fly. I think the more time spent on the water, the better likelihood of strange experiences. Some of these so far have been crazy!

S
Snappleninja
It's funny how the odds of things happening doesn't matter sometimes isn't it? I think I'd rather use my once in a million to on winning the Power Ball, but hey they make for great stories. I think I used my once in a million when I sneezed and blew my bank receipt out of my hand, and it flew and stuck in this guys glasses. The corner stuck between the frame and lens just perfectly. I think that has to be the craziest odds thing that I have have ever had happen to me.

C
ChezJfrey
playhooky said:
WHOA..... Now that's what I call the whole Mary Ann.....HOOK, LINE & SPHINCTER !!!

Well played. Very clever.