Has any one caught sea run cutthroat yet this season?

troutdude
troutdude
fishtales said:
This is when a Rainbow takes on a Steelhead form.

I understand that. I just wanted to point it out, because in many places you only have to tag a 'bow if it is over 20" (and not merely 16"). Just trying to be helpful...

F
fishtales
:) I kinda figured so.

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah the 2 lakes i now of are the coho lakes (silt and tahk). i am sure there are others. I know eel lake gets steelhead. maybe 10 mile gets some searuns? nw and sw is 16" = steel in streams/rivers instead of 20".

Last edited:
F
fishtales
troutdude said:
Thanks for bringing that up. I just noticed that the "trout" season, is from May 22 - Aug. 31. I don't see any other "open season" dates, for trout in the Coastal streams.

If you find something else out, please let us know.

I'll be darned.. It does end the begining of September. I realy have my dates backwards. Thanks for posting that. You saved me a ticket.

S
SmallStreams
fishtales said:
I'll be darned.. It does end the begining of September. I realy have my dates backwards. Thanks for posting that. You saved me a ticket.

Dang, it does say that! Oct 31 is only for tidewater... Aug 31 for above tidewater.

F
fishtales
I saw that too.

troutdude
troutdude
fishtales said:

You can send a check to:

Just kidding! Glad I could help.

F
fishtales
Thanks for the soft let down. :D Very kind! Well I knew it was either the beginning or the end of the season. Somehow I had it in my brain that it was the beginning. Go figure... All straighten out now