Handicap fishing spots

J

joshpohs41

Hey. Fairly new to the forum. Recently broke my ankle and am on crutches for 6 months. Tryin to not miss any of the winter fish run, but am obviously limited to where I can get to. I heard that ODFW has some handicap access sites but I can't find much info on the web. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!

W

wozniasm

St. Louis Ponds has a Handicap dock. They will be stocking the week of 02/28/11 but not sure if the gates will be open that early in the year.
Try calling the ODFW to see others and where they are close to your location.

B

BobbiDollPDX

Where do you live and how far are you willing to travel? The "Fishing in Oregon" book has a page of Fisheries for Disabled Anglers and it's split up by region. Unless someone else pipes in with the appropriate list, I can share them with you when I get home from work tonight.

M

metalfisher76

Nehalem (I believe on the N. Fork) and Herman Creek (above Bonneville) are 2 that I know of.

brandon4455

brandon4455

agreed on the north fork nehalem. theres one by the hatchery i believe

O

OnTheFly

Don't forget about the floating one on the Deschutes below Maupin. It's situated in front of a nice hole and it's fairly new.

B

beaverfan

If you plan on using any of the ODFW Handicap access spots you have to get the disabled fishing permit from ODFW without it you will be ticketed. There's info on the ODFW site on how to get the permit or you can just call them.