Hagg hawg!

Please leave the bigg'uns alive to spawn many more years.

12" -14" catfish fillets taste the best, or deep fry some crappie,etc.

Use McCormick Golden Dipt Beer batter mix.....yum...:)

make some fried taters & purple onions...homemade coleslaw, warm bread...cold beer.....:D...yep
Release a large non-native salmon eater so it can spawn for years? Not a chance with me. I can't wait till ODFW lifts the limit on warm water species and allows me to shoot them. I'll be slaughtering them on the regular like I do carp. Times are changing :)

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/bill_monroe/index.ssf/2015/07/post_187.html

Masin

I was being sarcastic. In response to the bass killing comment in hagg lake

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Masin

My wife got this guy yesterday uploadfromtaptalk1437938516690.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

LOL smartass. You know exactly what I mean.
Ha ha, touche. I actually am a smartass, though usually a fairly well-intentioned one. But no, I don't know what you mean. Folks are talking about a fish in a reservoir that is not connected to any major rivers and has no populations of anadromous salmonids. So... uh, yeah. Anyway...

troutdude

That's another nice bass.

BTW, I've only fished Hagg in the Spring. Is the water level lower than usual, for this time of year?

Snopro

Pro move with the hemostat clipped to the sweats. You can tell she has some fishing experience. Nice bass.

Thinking about heading to hagg tomorrow morning with my boat. I haven't done much of any bass fishing there. What is the best rig to use to give me the best chances at a big fish? Is the rock pile at the dam as good a spot as I seem to be told all the time?

Cheers,

Chris

DrTheopolis

Folks are talking about a fish in a reservoir that is not connected to any major rivers and has no populations of anadromous salmonids.

Old topic, but...

Not so fast. It's reasonable to assume that at some point bass will escape the impoundment into Scoggins Creek, which flows into the Upper Tualatin, which has ESA listed steelhead.

But then again, the Tualatin is already chock-full of bass, so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. But I'll never gripe about someone choosing to kill a non-native.