Greenling

B
bythesea

Last edited:
B
BlackBass
At night is the best time to catch black bass We use a light that floats on the water connected to a battery. Fishing is lights out. Try the last 1.5 hours of hi tide into hi slack and the first hour of the outgoing tide. Can be easy 100 fish nights.

B
bythesea

that's cool cause I've never tried it.I here a lot about it and I love sea bass.my best is 19" off the florence jetty I need to get a jetty partner so I can get out here at night.I've only been here two years..........anybody ?????

Last edited:
C
CoastieFlo
Id be in for that, when the weather improves a bit lol

B
bythesea
Id be in for that, when the weather improves a bit lol

we'll hook-up when the weather warms up and the sea's calm down.I was over looking at your boat before you soldit.

C
CoastieFlo
yeah was that some relative of yours that ended up buying it??

W
waco
Couple weeks ago went to do some ocean fishing for the first time in my life, but I have to said that I went with my friend and he knows what to do, but to be honest I doesn't look too complicated!! My buddy got like 7 fish greenling and perch. I didn't get a lot but I missed some!!
Here is what I brought home!

By the way we got our own sandshrimp from the beach!! It was fun all new to me!

C
CoastieFlo
Those striped perch are always so pretty when you first catch them. Thats a monster one also, assuming the greenling is the minimum legal 10 inches...?

W
waco
Yeah thats what a lots of people said! That perch is big!! The greenling was a little bigger than 11!! But I definitely liked the greenling better!! it was very tasty!

B
bythesea
looks like a little ling....You say you pumped the shrimp right off the beach you were fishing on?????????

C
CoastieFlo
nope thats a greenling, little mouth gives it away. With a ling, the corner of the mouth is past the eyeball.

W
waco
looks like a little ling....You say you pumped the shrimp right off the beach you were fishing on?????????
no I got the sandshrimp from the beach and the fish from a jetty!