Lakes Green Peter Reservoir Fishing Reports

K
ketts05
Yea that was the spot we were at on Friday and whatever the trout were eating near the surface was way more interesting than our lures. What were you using when you caught the trout/ kokes if you don't mind me asking?
I'm not even sure I'd recognize kokanees from trout if I saw them underwater.

troutdude
troutdude
Kokes are MUCH MUCH brighter than 'bows. If you get one on, and see a silver flash...you will know it's a koke. I got the kokes and a couple of 'bows using a brass colored Little Cleo spoon/wobbler. I tie it directly onto my line (no swivel). I also got a bow on a worm OFF the bottom; and I also got one trout w/ Power Eggs OFF the bottom (one lemon / lime and one orange egg). I also tried a bobber and woolly bugger on an ultra slow retrieve, with no luck.

BTW, kokes are the 5th specie of fish that I have gotten w/ Little Cleo's. I never leave home without at least two of 'em.

F
Fishman55
I may have been too deep. We were trolling with 1.5 to 2 oz of weight and small lake trolls. I am guessing we were probably down 20 ft or so. Fished with hoochies, wedding rings and rooster tails. Both fish were caught with red wedding rings and corn soaked in anise. Had a good time anyway

troutdude
troutdude
Yeah, I think so. I would've been strictly flat lining w/ no weight (or maybe no more than 1/2 oz. of weight) and 100' behind the boat. Try a Large Dodger and pink hoochies w/ corn.

K
ketts05
Thanks for the information!

troutdude
troutdude
You betcha!

If you'd like to maybe pick up some trout...try a 1/2 green and 1/2 bodied Wedding Ring, tipped w/ about 1/3 or 1/2 of a night crawler. And trolling w/ a brass Little Cleo is also VERY deadly!!!

M
mosd
I think i might as well make a trip out there this coming weekend, break out all the downriggers an go for it, ill post some pics if i get any... thats what ive heard about gp this year, thats theres more bows an a few nooks being caught than kokes

troutdude
troutdude
Hi Ryan. Long time, no hear/see!

There are schools still swimming in VERY shallow water, at least I saw them WAY up in the Quartzville Creek arm last Saturday. They seem to be at / near the surface.

M
mosd
im sure they are with the water temps still cold an all the snow run off, ive got a good buddy that fishes the lake during the week, hes deffantly a great guy to get info on where the schools are, ill let ya know how i do

F
Freeday
Kokes are all over, fished two weeks ago for 3 kokes and 1 bow. tried the surface down to 20 for a couple of hours in the am and kept seeing deeper marks. All of the kokes came from 28-35 ft. on the wire-long setbacks. I fugured for sure they would be in the top 20 but did not want to go home without fish. Need some more warm weather before they really pick up.

K
ketts05
thanks for the advice but I should point out that I don't have a boat. So I'm forced to bank it, which is why I usually stick to fishing Quartzville creek and that arm of the lake. Was up that way again yesterday afternoon, didn't see a lot of fish up the creek or in the arm of the lake. Had one really great take on a prince nymph but missed the hook-up. With other water opening up this weekend I'll probably let the river warm up a bit before heading up there again.

R
Ray
I took my son up there today. We trolled from dawn till dusk. We both limited out a few times on rainbows trolling green wedding rings tipped with corn and crawler. They are right at the top, basicly 20 line pulls behind the boat. Thats it, only rainbows

A
ARKLITE881South
Well the weather looks like it's changing, June 8th-14 shows 75-82 degrees :clap: not a bad start.

Reactions: Slick
troutdude
troutdude
Welcome to OFF.

With a warm up like that, a LOT of lakes will kick into high gear!

J
joeyota
I don't think I can wait that long! I am going to give it a go this friday.

A
ARKLITE881South
I'll be looking for you as you go through town,what time do you think you'll be in SH, give a wave each time you go through the lights, :]

J
joeyota
Sorry no report on Green Peter. I went after halibut insead!

A
ARKLITE881South
Don't think you missed much, from what i've heard it's still pretty slow. :[

R
Ray
I hit it pretty hard today and trolled everywhere. Was really slow so I went up tally creek arm and caught my share of rainbows. Green wedding ring near the surface was there poison. The jet ski and tube crowd was also there being pulled by 50.0000 dollar ghetto blasters so I jumped out before the eve bite.

G
Griz
We went up on Saturday and trolled for several hours before we got our first bite ! It is still very slooooow and when we went up one of the arms on the lake we started to get some bites. We took home our limit of trout and 4 Kokes after about 10 hours on the lake. We found that we did the best just trolling a worm and corn today. We fished about 25 to 35 feet of water and it was a beautiful day to be on the lake.

Top Bottom