Lakes Green Peter Reservoir Fishing Reports

F
Fishydog
Lets hope things improve :pray:
I'll be down there this weekend camping with the family. Hope I can get my son into some kokes :dance:

F
frodog
I was down there a couple of weeks ago no kokes but 65 trout in 4and a half hours to the boat between my buddy and I and a couple were even larger than the stockers.

B
Bass Ackwards
I heard that there was good bass fishing in this lake but I am use to fishing smaller shallower lakes and ponds. Any help would be much appreciated. thanks, NICK

M
Mmfh
Its been a few years but GP used to be a great place to tent camp if you have a boat.

If you go out to the other side and look around on shore there were lots of places that were great for tents.

I mean spots that were leveled off and some actually had straw down for the tent to sit on.

If you like tent camping and boating, nothing is better than Green Peter!!

Mm

C
capblack
I agree, theres also a spot on the near side if you go from thistle creek up the quartville arm theres a cove on the left side just about a quarter mile up, 2 or 3 camp sites, garbage cans, fire pits. gp is my first choice for camping and boating in western oregon. We spent all day Friday, and all day saturday at elk lake wishing we were at green peter. Oh well, next time we will head straight to gp. happy fishing, Brian

B
Bassdad54
Fishing GP

Fishing GP

Try drop shotting in deep water 35ft start is what I try.Jigs and spinner baits,crank bait around the stumps

B
Bass Ackwards
Sweet! Thanks a lot

Q
qwapaw
I lived in Sweet Home for 4 years, and never fished Green Peter for Bass, but was told the East end of Foster has some hogs in it. Also there is a park between Green peter and Foster ( I think it is called sunny side park). That my daughter and I used to put a rubber raft in and catch a lot os 1/2 pounders on rooster tails. Once in a while we would get a bigger one, but we could get 10-15 in a morning. Good luck, Let us know how you do. Qwa

B
Bass Ackwards
qwapaw said:
I lived in Sweet Home for 4 years, and never fished Green Peter for Bass, but was told the East end of Foster has some hogs in it. Also there is a park between Green peter and Foster ( I think it is called sunny side park). That my daughter and I used to put a rubber raft in and catch a lot os 1/2 pounders on rooster tails. Once in a while we would get a bigger one, but we could get 10-15 in a morning. Good luck, Let us know how you do. Qwa

Thanx, that's good to know about foster since i go there more often. I am definitely goin to try sunny side out.. Thank you for your help Qwa. NICK

Q
qwapaw
Good luck Nick, Just a side note, My daughter is 36 years old now, and our fishing days at Sunny Side comes up several times a year. I think it is great when some of the young peoples memories are of day spent fishing with Pops. Have a great trip. Dan

S
sharkbait
Thank you everyone! I caught 4 and my buddy caught 5. Had a great time, going again soon. What a great reservoir! Where are the big ones, and what do they crave?
Thanks,
Brian

C
cryingdady
I agree with you!

S
Sage_Flyguy
I am glad you enjoyed our local resevoir. I live in Sweet Home and have been going up there for years.. The Kokanee fishing is great and the trout fishing is good. and you can even find some lunker large mouths up the Tally Creek arm.. Most camping is had off the side of the road.. I am not sure if they have changed the regulations or not , but as of a few years ago you couldnt have a fire on the far side of the lake , so if you boat across to camp I would find out the regs first..

I am glad you hadf a blast up there and if you have any questions feel free to ask , between me and a bunch of the guys I fish with we have a lot of information on what thier eating or where to go

Jer

C
capblack
My father in law and I went to g.p. saturday morning. We were on the water at 6:30. We trolled the east side from the island about 3/4 of the way to the dam (the debris was piling up down there). We trolled from 6:30 until around 12:30 without as much as a bite. We tried different speeds, zigzagging, weights, flatlining, dodgers, small medium and large lake trolls, with wedding rings, apex, koke a nuts, and a few different spinners, some with corn, some with worms, some with both and some without. I would guess we were from 10 ft down to maybe 30. I only saw one boat using downriggers, and didn't see or here of a single fish caught. So we pulled into the cove behind the fishermans bridge and limited out on stocker bows. 2 or 3 were over 10", but the rest were 8 and 9. We were using power eggs. Me from the bottom, and my father in law under a bobber. I caught my limit on the same two eggs. 1 pink, 1 green. Overall it was a beautiful day on gp, the water is almost full, and my new boat worked flawlessly:dance:. Thanks again to Frodog. Brian

M
Mike123
Thanks for the report!

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice day out on the water. You had fun and got to play with new toy. and still got to catch some fish.

C
Charlie_merrifi
Are there any maps of green Peter with boat ramps and such. Also could I get away with just an electric motor or is a gas motor needed

T
Thuggin4Life
Never fished there but as far as an electric you should be fine. Always bring a second battery when running electric only and a set of oars to be safe. let us know after you go out and get some fish.

F
frodog
That sounds like a good day glad to hear that old boat still has it.

C
capblack
Green Peter is a very large reservoir at 3720 acres. If you go with only electric, I would definitely take a second battery. The problem with electric motors , is you limit yourself to the amount of lake you can fish. I would recommend putting in at the dam and fishing around there, or putting in at whitcomb and fishing either across by the island, or heading under the bridge and fishing in the cove. There is good maps online, just google it. Basically, you turn on quartville creek rd, head past sunnyside campground on foster, and go a few more miles. You will come to the dam, and you go across to get to the launch. I believe its unimproved, so only use it if you have a small boat. For the other ramps, you continue up quartzville, and will come to thistle creek, then whitcomb. In the summer you can continue up quartzville creek, and theres a gravel ramp there. Good luck, Brian
Charlie_merrifi said:
Are there any maps of green Peter with boat ramps and such. Also could I get away with just an electric motor or is a gas motor needed

Top Bottom