the salmon kid
15lbs and a 13lb on a pink corkey and a worm
lest see your steely pics

M
mgdguy
Wow, nice steel!

T
the salmon kid
thanks i was just tying for trout. 12lb test and had to let the 13lb go he was native

B
bigdog
Good job, nice fish. You run 12lb for ttrout? Wow that's what I run when I'm going after steel and salmon sometimes ten. Good job though had to have been a fun fight for you good size fishies.

CJ

As I'm looking at your pics there the one you are holding in what looks like a back yard looks like a nate to me as well, unless it's just a rea;;y bad clip job.

Last edited:
C
Cohosanders
:clap: Good job on dem beauties!!! You are allowed to retain Natives in the Rogue River until the end of this month. Jan1- April 30th up to Hog Creek and Feb1-april 30th everywhere else. P.42 & 43 of the Reg book. So anyway great looking pics. and the fact you were after trout just makes it all the better:D

B
bigdog
Oh ok I see that makes sense then. I never fish out that way so didn't know that but good to know if I ever did. No ilmind was intended from what I was saying, I'm just so use to not being able to keep nates didn't think about it being allowed in some spots. My bad but thank you Coho for clearing that up for me. See learns something new everyday :lol:

CJ

O
Outdoor_Myers
Wow looked like he was a fun catch! I can't wait to get me one of them but then I have to learn how to felet them lol

S
steelhead_stalkers
12lb for trout! I thought 6lb was a lot for trout. :lol:

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice looking fish man!

T
the salmon kid
12lb mainline 8lb leader using a #2hook and had got a couple trout previously that day and you mite think it is weird but i got it fishing from on top of the bridge

B
bigdog
Wow you go big gear for the trout don't you.

T
the salmon kid
ya but i use big gear just in case i catch big fish as you can see

D
dtikey
good looking fish for this late and good job.looks like you really enjoyed it

K
kfallscody
Damn.. I was just fishing right there last weekend... just my luck!!!!! Awesome fish though!

E
eggs
bigdog said:
Oh ok I see that makes sense then. I never fish out that way so didn't know that but good to know if I ever did. No ilmind was intended from what I was saying, I'm just so use to not being able to keep nates didn't think about it being allowed in some spots. My bad but thank you Coho for clearing that up for me. See learns something new everyday :lol:

CJ
Yea you can keep up to 5 natives a year and 1 per day during selective months.. Both of those were natives, good to see he only kept his 1 for the day!!! I wish we had rivers up here that were strong enough native runs to open up the regs... but I would most likely let em loose anyway to keep the Native population up... but it would be a nice option for those hard fights that you win and know the fish isn't going to make it when you let it loose or when you deep hook it...

E
emh221
Sorry, pictures of dead native fish kind of get a guy bummed. I like to see em swim away. I don't mean to dog on anyone, if it's legal it's legal, just got worked up for a minute. Good work on the fish.

Last edited:
B
bigdog
emh221 said:
Yup, Thats the spirit, just bonk the bastards on the head. Who cares if they're a native fish... The hatchery can always churn out more just like them... :p

Um Um Um welcome to the forum? I think

N
nwkiller
emh221 said:
Yup, Thats the spirit, just bonk the bastards on the head. Who cares if they're a native fish... The hatchery can always churn out more just like them... :p

im pretty sure your the guy i seen get busted with 7 treble hooks on your line, trying to snag fish!!!! hope this is a joke!!!!! i think it sucks when natives re getting bonked, hatchery fish just arent the real thing, most of the time you can tell when you have a nate or a hatch on!! frankley nice fish salmon kid, amazing fish and thats the crappy part, such great geans to be takig out of the river, dont get me wrong a law is a law but i would have let that beautiful thing go (except someone else might haave takin it home) and catch a smaller. amazing fish man!

E
emh221

Last edited:
N
nwkiller
acually i read you wrong, im in agreeance with you.