Getting started flyfishing-it's easy and fun

G
gypotats
ec is being hammerd but there are still fish there. i would go a little heavier than 8 pound leader.i had two busted off 8 pound there.as long as you beat the guys to one good hole there you should have no problem getting a couple of strikes.theres fish in every hole if you can see them or not.good luck;)

T
Troutier Bassier
halibuthitman said:
if you're gonna fish small/very small water don't spend a lot on a line... its gonna get trashed, drug over and under bolders and snags the ground... you wont need to cast far and for steel it doesn't need to float so I would buy a $30 or less line and throw it away when it gets scratched up and nicked. When you hook your first 10 pounder and he heads off through 6 inches of water strait for a log jam you will be glad you did;)
Lol! I can totally see that happening to me. I quit fishing close to log jams Unless im sure I can get the fish in.

A
alm21
gypotats said:
ec is being hammerd but there are still fish there. i would go a little heavier than 8 pound leader.i had two busted off 8 pound there.as long as you beat the guys to one good hole there you should have no problem getting a couple of strikes.theres fish in every hole if you can see them or not.good luck;)

I ended up going out to EC. Went to the hatchery and hiked far in. Saw some steelies, hooked and lost one (but not on the fly). I really enjoyed using the fly rod especially considering how many casts you can get in (went with 10lb leader). Now I need to get some flies that will be good for that water. Can't wait to get a strike on the fly!

G
gypotats
go with small egg patterns.;)

A
alm21
gypotats said:
go with small egg patterns.;)

Nice, I picked up a few and gave it try when I was there. However, I was thinking I needed a small split shot to get it to drop a bit. Didn't have any small enough so I'll have to try that next time. :think: