Garibaldi bottom fishing report 3/7/2018

F
Fishnsleep
We left Portland at 5:00 a.m. We were targeting ling cod, using larger presentations than we would for sea bass. Jeff caught the first fish, a beautiful 17.5 pound ling cod. We caught our limit, yesterday 3/7/18. Off the water by noon.

• photo32123.png
Reactions: Admin
4labs
4labs
Great pic. Looks like a fun crew to fish with. Garibaldi is too far north for me but love to hear of your adventure.
Is this long line or are you under 30 fathoms and what did you use.
Great report

F
Fishnsleep
We were under 30 fathoms. Not a lot of boats, maybe a dozen, released some orange fish, kept 3 black rockfish in addition to the six lings.

Bo Peep
Bo Peep
Great trip looks like you all had a blast, now that I am ready the ocean is tore up once again. I will wait for the next window.

G
Gulfstream
Nice! What was the offering of choice?

F
Fishnsleep
We all started off using 8 oz jig heads, with large, 10" curly tails, we got bit, but short bites mostly Mixed it up with an 6 oz iron, blue sardine, got fish right away, we all switched and the lings came quickly. Odd, because we have had great success with the curly tails in the past. The jigs were the ones available on my website, FishnSleep.Net, at the bottom of the shop page. Looking to get back out tomorrow hopefully!