Frosty fishin

B
bigboy70
Anybody else venturing out this weekend? Lucky for ne the river it ten minutes away even with less then idea conditions and having to do with freezing guides I know not the smartest but can't catch steelhead on the couch. Who knows maybe it will be my day. I have a good idea how I'm going to fish but curious what others use in these cold water conditions

M
Moe
Well, first I'm gonna plunk a lil at meldrum, then go up the clack and catch dinner, then go fight an 8 ft dino at the westlinn dock. much better than building a snow man and drinking hot cocoa if you ask me

O
OnTheDrop
I had my personal best morning hooking 8 or 9 Steelhead at Eagle Creek in 18 degree weather 4 or 5 years ago. All on bobber and jig. If I was in OregonCity I'd have the drift boat launched at Felds before the sun was up. Ahh, I miss fishing in the snow.

I'd be out if I didn't have homework tomorrow and Sunday. Next week will be my time.

Clack has a few fish to hook right now from experience over the past few weeks..

Good luck,

S
steelhead_slayer
I would say use heavy weight to slow down your presentation. Good luck. I like fishing in cruddy weather you usually have more river to yourself.

R
_RJ_
Went out the last 2 days, nothing but cutthroat. Wife is making me stay home the rest of the weekend. I guess I'll be tying the rest of the time.

M
Moe
Toes are frostbitten. Not sure if I should keep fishing or seek medical attention Lol.

B
bigboy70
well if there already frost bitten keep going once the foot goes then id seek medical attention lol. seriously stay safe bud being exposed in this weather for long time periods, without warming your body can lead to severe injury especially with the wind now. Seem a lot of frost bite in the ER and a lot limbs lost most the time it was hands or feet ppl saying i didn't notice they look like that or i was having too much fun. Lame excuses stay safe buddy.

RJ- My girlfriend met me at the door this morning giving me an ultimatum more concerned about my safety telling me I wasn't going my response you bet your ass I'm Going....... needless to say I'm still at home lol the weather getting a little better so hopefully tomorrow I can if these isn't too much ice on the road.

I just want to try to fish in these conditions