Freeway Lakes Fishing

C
cavdad45
Just discovered the three little ponds known as Freeway Lakes. Saw a few bass and bluegill enjoying the sunshine in the shallows. I caught two bass on Akura Shads, but no significant size. Anyone fish there on a regular basis? Are there any larger fish? Since there is only one boat launch, is it possible to traverse one lake to another, or even get to the one on the west side of I-5?

Any info is appreciated.
Chuck B.

Last edited by a moderator:
B
Boywhofishes
amen to that, nothing can compete with live bait, so so true :D

C
Combat Chuck
Plenty of small crappie to go around too...

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
What size frying pan do you use?

What size frying pan do you use?

Whooo-hooo! Monster! :confused: ;) :) :D :lol: :lol:
Barb

H
Hawk
now where is my magnifying glass when i need it................................................:lol::lol::lol:

A
ArcticAmoeba
It is cool fish like that will strike at something that is a decent percentage of its size. Funny things like that happen, like when you catch BG fry on little dry flies..:rolleyes:

B
Bassface62
I strongly recommend only catch & release for the Freeway Lakes. I have been informed by several law enforcement officers that the lakes are one of the favorites places for people to dump vehicles and junk, with several vehicles having to be pulled out every year. Just the thought of what comes seeping out of an engine compartment into the water makes me cringe.

However, it is a fun lake to fish due to its easy to reach location, abundance of fish, and usually good people to share the lakes with. I just thought I pass on the warnings I was given about the water quality.

F
fishudedmeet
f'yall want bass check out the post by graphitezen in the willamette zone thingy called "New honey hole found!" pretty cool

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
fishudedmeet said:
f'yall want bass check out the post by graphitezen in the willamette zone thingy called "New honey hole found!" pretty cool

SHHH!!! :lol::lol::lol:

As far as freeway lakes is concerned, there are some BIG fish in there... Some people feel it has to do with the stolen hotrods that get dumped there while filled with premium gas and quality freon but who knows......:cool:

F
fishudedmeet
if you catch a glowing hot pink bass that weigh 60 pounds and has 3 eyes, throw it back!

Troutski
Troutski
Piacture...

Piacture...

fishudedmeet said:
if you catch a glowing hot pink bass that weigh 60 pounds and has 3 eyes, throw it back!

But first take a picture with the fish hanging over the hood of your Hot Rod...:)

Chuck

F
fishy4
i went there yesterday and managed one bass on a crankbait. only fish all day and managed plenty of good bites on a plain old worm. i was at the boat launch by the parking area. are there any better places for crankbait bassin

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
fishy4 said:
i went there yesterday and managed one bass on a crankbait. only fish all day and managed plenty of good bites on a plain old worm. i was at the boat launch by the parking area. are there any better places for crankbait bassin

Oh yeah. You can hike the entire northern shorline on all three parts. Just cross the road from the parking lot and drop back down somewhere around the bridge. There are paths everywhere, but since I have never fished it from the bank I can't tell you exactly where they are.

The west shoreline on the second section would be great for cranks, the northern shore of the same section would be good in the morning as the depth is very gradual.

The third section is a little trickier from the bank. I know the point right at the canal type entrance gets catfished a lot, and the eastern shore line from the point to the north and then around the bend to the east is shallow. I little ways east from the corner it gets deeper and you start to run into trees and bushes that hang down over and into the water over about 10 or 15 feet of depth. Maybe less. Nice area.

The southern shore on the first section probably isn't bad, on the second section probably isn't worth your time and the third section is all private.

Good luck!

F
fishy4
so maybe best bet is to bring my raft and float down to the third lake. i have trouble telling which side is north east and west there. time for a compass i guess

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
fishy4 said:
so maybe best bet is to bring my raft and float down to the third lake. i have trouble telling which side is north east and west there. time for a compass i guess

The parking lot is on the north bank.

F
fishin_fool
Just keep in mind the I-5 runs north and south

haven't fished there for many years but very large rapalas work there just after they've dumped some trout in there for the Large bass to feed on.

F
fishy4
yeah thats what i caught my only bass on was a lipless crank rapala. i had another 4 pounder stirke too but didn't stick. thank you to all who have helped with this. hopefully this weekend i will be back and hook up with a monster

B
bassman503
fishy4 said:
yeah thats what i caught my only bass on was a lipless crank rapala. i had another 4 pounder stirke too but didn't stick. thank you to all who have helped with this. hopefully this weekend i will be back and hook up with a monster

How would u know that its a 4 pounder if u didn't land it?did u see it?

R
rainbowfisherman
does anyone ever fish for trout there?

F
fishy4
oh yeah i saw it come all the way outta the water hook in mouth and when it was back in the water managed to spit the hook. alo i think from what other people on here have said in the past trout fishing is good in spring. but whos to say there are no holdovers? good luck

B
Bassdad54
8-30-09

8-30-09

Went out at 6:45am and picked up some smaller bass on senko in 3rd lake and then hit 2nd lake coming back and fished edges of mat mess and picked up 2 nicer bass on senko as well.big fish about 4lb