Foster Lake tips?

D

Dietz03

Hey all, I'm relatively new to the area. I grew up bass fishing in southern california, and moved to Brownsville almost two years ago. I believe Foster Lake is the closest body of water to my home and I have been itching to go fishing. Any advice for the lake?

C

Combat Chuck

The bank along the hi-way has been the best for me with smallies and largemouths. Not sure how well it fishes when the water is down though.

troutdude

troutdude

Foster Lake fishing

If you want to try for trout...slowly troll a Ford Fender, Doc Shelton, or Beer Can flasher set. Behind that tie on 3' of leader w/ a 1/2 green and 1/2 black Wedding Ring spinner. Tip the hook with 1/2 to 1/2 of a worm. Let out about 100' of line, and BAM!

brandon4455

brandon4455

and for bass and trout alike... late winter and early spring try just plain silver little cleos or kastmaster spoons. if they dont produce try a silver/blue one either brand.

Last edited:
D

Dietz03

I'll have a boat. Are there any bass ponds in the albany area? I'd like to find some fishing holes that are a quick drive

C

Combat Chuck

Bond Butte pond is probably the closest to Brownsville. Not sure... it might be electrics only. Gravel boat ramp.

troutdude

troutdude

I forgot to mention the SECRET INGREDIENT, when trolling for trout, kokes, etc.

Leave the night-crawlers at home! Seriously.

A few years ago, I discovered these:

Extruded Nightcrawler | Berkley Fishing

I bought ONE jar of these 3 or 4 years ago, and am still using the same jar! They look like worms. They must taste like worms, cuz they CATCH FISH. Plus, they STAY ON THE HOOK FOR REPEATED FISHING HOOK UPS! So, they don't cost nearly as much as using DOZENS of night-crawlers would! How can you go wrong???

Troutski

Troutski

Ever thought about Greenpeter, great fishery...From Sunfish to Koke's. Large body of water but very productive,year round boat ramp.

Chuck

C

Combat Chuck

There are club tournaments there every year but its very steep banks... seems like it would be tricky to fish. I need someone to teach me :)

brandon4455

brandon4455

ive caught tons of 1-3lb smallmouth at GP with silver or orange roostetails. dont be afraid to try black either

D

Dietz03

I'm trying to plan multiple spring trips, thanks again everyone. I'll be sure to give the rooster tails a shot, I have a bunch that have been just sitting in a box for years.