Foster Lake tips?

D
Dietz03
Hey all, I'm relatively new to the area. I grew up bass fishing in southern california, and moved to Brownsville almost two years ago. I believe Foster Lake is the closest body of water to my home and I have been itching to go fishing. Any advice for the lake?

C
Combat Chuck
The bank along the hi-way has been the best for me with smallies and largemouths. Not sure how well it fishes when the water is down though.

troutdude
troutdude
Foster Lake fishing

If you want to try for trout...slowly troll a Ford Fender, Doc Shelton, or Beer Can flasher set. Behind that tie on 3' of leader w/ a 1/2 green and 1/2 black Wedding Ring spinner. Tip the hook with 1/2 to 1/2 of a worm. Let out about 100' of line, and BAM!

S
Santiam338
Do you have a boat or are you banking it?

D
Dietz03
I'll have a boat. Are there any bass ponds in the albany area? I'd like to find some fishing holes that are a quick drive

C
Combat Chuck
Bond Butte pond is probably the closest to Brownsville. Not sure... it might be electrics only. Gravel boat ramp.

D
Dietz03
Thanks, is it just off the harrisburg exit?

D
Dietz03
oh alright, thats not too far away, I'll definitely check it out! Thanks again!

C
Combat Chuck
There is also bluegill, crappie and catfish. Flyfishing for the panfish is a blast.

Troutski
Troutski
Ever thought about Greenpeter, great fishery...From Sunfish to Koke's. Large body of water but very productive,year round boat ramp.

Chuck

troutdude
troutdude
Great suggestion Chuck. GP has BIGGER trout in it too!

D
Dietz03
I was starting to wonder about Green Peter. How are the bass there?

C
Combat Chuck
There are club tournaments there every year but its very steep banks... seems like it would be tricky to fish. I need someone to teach me :)

brandon4455
brandon4455
ive caught tons of 1-3lb smallmouth at GP with silver or orange roostetails. dont be afraid to try black either

troutdude
troutdude
Dietz03 said:
I was starting to wonder about Green Peter. How are the bass there?

I don't know. But, you could call ODFW and I'd bet that they could answer that.

D
Dietz03
I'm trying to plan multiple spring trips, thanks again everyone. I'll be sure to give the rooster tails a shot, I have a bunch that have been just sitting in a box for years.

S
silkiechicken
Is it any good for those without a boat if the banks are steep?

S
Sage_Flyguy
I live in the Sweet Home area , I dont Bass fish too often. I was up Green Peter last year mid summer and we headed toward I think it was tally Cr . when you unload your boat head toward the island and stay to the right of it , there will be a couple little coves that branch off , in there we saw several Large Bass , hooked one it broke us off.

There is that Pond also there at Sunnyside Park , which is campsite for Foster lake. several years ago the Bass fishing was quite good there , I heard at some point a family of Otters moved in there and finsihed off some of them , but I would say its still worth a try.

The only other Pond I know of close by that produces. I have always known it as the Mill Pond , but apparently it is called Cheadle Lake. it is the Pond right in Lebanon. its about 1/4 - 1/2 mile east of Walmart on hwy 20 , right on the left hand side. in the summer and late spring you will always see cars parked there.

Hope this is helpful , for I dont do too much bass fishing
Good Luck out there
Jer

L
LazyAngler
Dietz03 said:
I'll have a boat. Are there any bass ponds in the albany area? I'd like to find some fishing holes that are a quick drive

If you're in Brownsville. Lebanon has a nice little lake with Bass, Crappie, and Bluegill. I've heard people pull 3 pounders out of there regularly. Also, there's Freeway lakes in Albany and EE Willson out in Adair Village. The last two are regularly stocked with Rainbow Trout.

EDIT: The lake in Lebanon is called Cheadle Lake. The local sporting goods store has some pretty good tips for there and most of there gear is all stuff that is based on catching fish in that pond.

Last edited: