Fly tying and patterns sharing thread

brandon4455
That's a pretty hefty claim that you came up with that! I'm sure they have been around for a long time, never seen one myself though!

:lol:

V
Van
Nice looking stuff. Awesome Skwala, Flybum.

I have been working my way through all the flies in the tying manual that came with the Orvis fly tying kit i got for X-mas. I can say with certainty at this point that i really hate tying the Hare's Ear Nymph. I was tempted to throw the thing out the window a couple times. Im gonna give it a fair amount of time before i come back to that pattern again. I have loaded up on tying books so i have a good database of patterns now. I am always looking for more though. I am wanting to find a book that shows a lot of the more modern patterns that are tied with foam.

Best thing i have done though is replace the cheap clamp on vise with a Peak rotary vise with a pedestal. I really like that and it has made tying a lot easier. Keep up the good work gentlemen, i look to your ties for inspiration.

M
mrlindeman
The Willamette Mud Muddler Size 4 Humungo!

brandon4455
The Willamette Mud Muddler Size 4 Humungo!

that fly will catch a lot of different fish. they can be pretty good on the swing for summer steel or stripped for smallmouth. nice tie!!

M
mrlindeman
Thanks man. that means a lot. Muddlers are difficult for me to tie.

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
brandon4455
Great looking Muddler!

Back in the late 70s I used Muddlers to swing for trout in some of the smaller streams around the valley. It is a fish catching pattern for sure!

Randy
in size 6 to 10 with a gold tinsel body and a few strands of krystal flash in the wing, awesome pattern for cutthroat.

F
FlyBum
What did you use for the wing and tail??

F
FlyBum
I really need to tie some stuff, but I'm busy moving!

brandon4455
ive been tying like a mad man stocking up for spring nymphing/ soft hackle swingin' ..and soon some egg sucking leeches for late winter fish.. i can't find out how to get a clear enough picture up close with my camera though..

F
FlyBum
ive been tying like a mad man stocking up for spring nymphing/ soft hackle swingin' ..and soon some egg sucking leeches for late winter fish.. i can't find out how to get a clear enough picture up close with my camera though..

Send me some, I'll take some pix and then put them to use for you!

brandon4455
Send me some, I'll take some pix and then put them to use for you!

no way!!! my ties aren't even that good..not to the human eye anyway.. i have realized the fish don't care though. But, when i get my hooks and materials for leeches (might be 2 weeks before that happens) i can send you a few of those for sure. im damn good at tying egg sucking leeches. they are nothing special.

scratch that idea: i do have some pheasent tails i tie for march browns or just medium mayflies in general, send me your adress and it might take a bit but ill pm you when i get them sent out. maybe a few ice dub princes too.

Brandon

Last edited:
S
Sinkline

Last edited:
brandon4455
excellent tie randy :clap:

F
FlyBum
Simple, yet effective! Like it!

O
OnTheFly
Randy, How is your fly tied onto the tippet? Looks like some sort of wire clip and brass grommet.

• Randy's fly.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 119
S
Sinkline

Last edited:
S
Sinkline

Last edited: