Fly rod!

EOBOY
EOBOY
Well, I've been under the weather now for over a week and it's gotten real old. Today I almost feel good but not quite there yet. So, I was puttering in the garage trying to get things ready for next week at Maupin. I stumbled across a 5wt. Redington Fly Rod I won in a raffle about 3 or 4 years ago. I've never used it so it will be nice to put it to the test next week.

It's a 4 pc. CT 8654.:thumb:

T
TimberTodd
A 5 wt is a great all around rod. Good luck and get the skunk off that thing!

O
OnTheDrop
You are going at a great time Dana! The D is just getting into prime shape, and the Redsides are waking up! I'll be on it Friday most likely, before some top water bass action this weekend.

Good luck,

EOBOY
EOBOY
Tanner I saw Jamie say "redside" and I thought about my first trip 40 years ago with 4 buddies. We walked up from the gate about 5 miles and knocked em dead. When you say Friday are you heading over to see Jason?

PS; got my "invoice" from Moncweef today D#@m $650

EOBOY
EOBOY
TimberTodd said:
A 5 wt is a great all around rod. Good luck and get the skunk off that thing!

Todd I put it next to my 5 wt. ECHO and the Redington is much smaller in diameter. Took it to a little pond today near my home. Seems to just flick the line out.....nice.

O
OnTheDrop
EOBOY said:
Tanner I saw Jamie say "redside" and I thought about my first trip 40 years ago with 4 buddies. We walked up from the gate about 5 miles and knocked em dead. When you say Friday are you heading over to see Jason?

PS; got my "invoice" from Moncweef today D#@m $650

Dont you dare pay that! No joke....

By Jason, you mean Josh... Lol! Yes, we are doing some fly bassing over the weekend.

Ill call you next week, got a few things to share.

EOBOY
EOBOY
Yeah I meant Josh LOL Tell me why I shouldn't pay? I did what I did! Not worth the hassle.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

P
pinstriper
EOBOY said:
Yeah I meant Josh LOL Tell me why I shouldn't pay? I did what I did! Not worth the hassle.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I second The Cap'n. Do NOT pay that...gentleman...a red cent. I can't explain why, without risking a banning. I may have to do it from the OnTheDrop20 account.

I recommend referring any further contacts to your attorney. I have some phone numbers you can give him. Most of them can be found in the back page of the mercury.

Two boats bumping at a ramp is nothing, and it is unconscionable for him to bill you for what doesn't even amount to a scuff.

Seriously.

S
Stonefish
The Redington Classic Trout (CT) rods are one of the best values going in fly fishing.
Enjoy your trip.
SF

T
TimberTodd
EOBOY said:
Todd I put it next to my 5 wt. ECHO and the Redington is much smaller in diameter. Took it to a little pond today near my home. Seems to just flick the line out.....nice.

I noticed the same thing when I was shopping for a 7wt and 8wt rod for steelhead. I flip a Wright McGill S Curve 3,4 and 5 wt and really like them.